Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Problem

traderstar1
edited May 2015 in Update

Hi Guys,

I was Avast User and decided to change the protection software.

Bitdefender is really good, but I have big problem.

Every systemstart Bitdefender warns me about problem.

When I click on it, it tells me that no update was installed since 24 hours.

I want to mention that I have activated autopilot mode.

This is strange because I thought autopilot mode means that I don't need to do update manually :S

This feature was available in avast. It searched and installed updates automatically like all other protection software.

In Bitdefender settings I found option which was already activated "automatic update",

but however I was rick trolled, no update was ever done, I always need to turn hands on it :/

Please help!

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello traderstar1,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Bitdefender automatically checks for updates when you turn on your computer and every hour after that. If an update is detected on our server, it is automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. It takes a few minutes for the new virus signatures to be downloaded and until then you will be presented with the notification - Bitdefender not updated for X days (24 hours in your case).

There is a time gap between when the Bitdefender update starts and until it completes. After the update is done successfully the information is sent automatically to the Bitdefender interface and the notification disappears.

If you still have doubts about the automatic update please attach to your next reply this file:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Events\events.db

Thank you!

• traderstar1
    edited May 2015
    Hello traderstar1,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Bitdefender automatically checks for updates when you turn on your computer and every hour after that. If an update is detected on our server, it is automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. It takes a few minutes for the new virus signatures to be downloaded and until then you will be presented with the notification - Bitdefender not updated for X days (24 hours in your case).

There is a time gap between when the Bitdefender update starts and until it completes. After the update is done successfully the information is sent automatically to the Bitdefender interface and the notification disappears.

If you still have doubts about the automatic update please attach to your next reply this file:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Events\events.db

Thank you!

Okay, I really need to say thanks, that someone from Bitdefender forum takes care of me ;)

However the problem solved automatically after about 1 week. Now the Bitdefender tray icon stays red in my taskbar. And the effect stays even after rebooting my system.

Thats the thing I wanted to have (like I know from other virus protection software).

I really guess, that the time gap might have caused this update issue, but since a few days I haven't noticed any trouble.

And it seems that Bitdefender will work flowless now.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards

traderstar1

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for posting back your results.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. I will close this topic, but should you have any further issue with Bitdefender please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

This discussion has been closed.