Bitdefender Deleted My Inbox File

Hello.

I've installed in my brother's pc (Windows XP SP3) the Bitdefender Internet Security 2014. He also uses Outlook Express (!) as a mail client. On Friday he ran a full system scan. Bitdefender found a troyan in one mail, moved it to quarantine and then deleted the whole inbox.dbx file (!). I tried to restore it through Antivirus -> Events but the file is not restored. I search in the Outlook Express folder and I can not find it.

Looking forward to valuable your help - reply.

Keep up the very good work!

Comments

• Hello.

I've installed in my brother's pc (Windows XP SP3) the Bitdefender Internet Security 2014. He also uses Outlook Express (!) as a mail client. On Friday he ran a full system scan. Bitdefender found a troyan in one mail, moved it to quarantine and then deleted the whole inbox.dbx file (!). I tried to restore it through Antivirus -> Events but the file is not restored. I search in the Outlook Express folder and I can not find it.

Looking forward to valuable your help - reply. Keep up the very good work!

Hi traba,

Maybe other files were infected too?

You could try this software

Undbx

another tip:

Repair DBX

Good luck,

:)

L.

• Hi traba,

Maybe other files were infected too?

You could try this software

Undbx

another tip:

Repair DBX

Good luck,

:)

L.

Hi Lionet,

Thank you very much for your reply! No other files infected. Other foldes (sent etc.) in the mail are OK. I can not restore the dbx file in order to try to repair it.

• Trojan is very dangerous virus for our PC, you say your one mail is infected by this virus may be is that possible. You can use this software to recover your delete inbox files. This software is very effective to Repair and Recover DBX files. Visit here for more information: Outlook Express: Repair Corrupted DBX File