Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rosetta Stone Data Files Shown As "exploit.swf.gen"

Options

I have The Rosetta Stone language learning software installed on my system, with the Spanish (Latin America) language packs installed. Today, after a scheduled virus scan, seven data files from the Application Data folder on my Windows XP SP3 system were detected as "Exploit.SWF.Gen". This alert has never come up before, and when I scanned one of the files with VirusTotal.com the only entry indicative of a virus was BitDefender's:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/0f8d10c...b2377ee1e845e4b

I'm 99.9% sure that these files are harmless, because I doubt The Rosetta Stone company are shipping their products with nasties included haha. I have attached the suspect files, with the usual password (just in case!).

Thank you kindly! :D

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2121" data-fileid="2121" rel="">Multiple_Rosetta_Stone_Infections.rar

Comments

• Detection shall be removed, if necesarly.

Thank you for the sample. Best regards.

• I have The Rosetta Stone language learning software installed on my system, with the Spanish (Latin America) language packs installed. Today, after a scheduled virus scan, seven data files from the Application Data folder on my Windows XP SP3 system were detected as "Exploit.SWF.Gen". This alert has never come up before, and when I scanned one of the files with VirusTotal.com the only entry indicative of a virus was BitDefender's:

I have Rosetta Stone German (three levels) and 22 data files in Application Data from my Windows 2000 system were detected as exploit.swf.gen. My previous scan was clean. I'm very glad Bit Defender did not delete anything.

• Paddy
    Options

I'm now getting 11 reports instead of 7. I haven't changed anything since my last post haha.