Thunderbird Email

After installing Bitdefender 2015 along with the Thunderbird Addin - I can not create a Sub-Folder in my InBox in Thunderbird. It goes through the motions but the subfolder never gets created - it seems like BitDefender is blocking the creation. Worked fine before installation. Is there a setting I need to set somewhere?

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2015
    After installing Bitdefender 2015 along with the Thunderbird Addin - I can not create a Sub-Folder in my InBox in Thunderbird. It goes through the motions but the subfolder never gets created - it seems like BitDefender is blocking the creation. Worked fine before installation. Is there a setting I need to set somewhere?

No problem here in creating a sub-folder with Thunderbird 31.7 and BDIS 2015

Not sure what you mean by "Thunderbird Addin". Are you referrring to the BD Anti-Spam Toolbar? Mine says "BD Anti-Spam Toolbar 7.0" In BD anti-Spam I see the following:

Block emails in Asian characters - On

Block emails in Cyrillic characters - Off (just my choice)

Submit Spam Samples - Ask every time

Submit legit Samples - Ask every time.

You may want to disable the Anti-Spam Toolbar add-on in Thunderbird and try to create a sub-folder. See if that makes a difference though I don't know why you would have to do this. If that works you can always re-enable the toolbar after you create the sub-folder and then continue to look for a solution to your problem.

If disabling the add-on allows you to ceate a sub-folder and when you re-enable it you can not create a sub-folder you could post back on this thread and maybe someone can help you. I am not consistentely on the forum. Not sure how many regular posters here use Thunderbird. It really is a dinosaur but I still use it.. Good luck.