Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 Update Question

Options

Hi,

I just recently bought Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 after reading all the awesome review.

But I faced some issues such as:

1. Not updating on every start up. It would take a long while, like 5 to 10 minutes before it would start updating.

2. The lowest update frequency I can set is hourly update, and even so it sometimes it misses (as in no update is registered updated in the event log) and when I did a manual update, event log would reflect that an update is done and what update files are downloaded.

This happens everyday on all 3 of the system I have Bitdefender installed on. All 3 systems are on an Intel i7-4790 CPU with 16 GB RAM and Samsung 840 EVO M.2 SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro.

I end up having to right click the Bitdefender system tray icon and select Update Now right after my system boot_s into Windows which updates without any issue to overcome the delayed update on every system start up. Also randomly right click the icon to Update Now manually update in case it didn't update on the hourly frequency.

Is there a way I can set the update frequency to lower than an hour? Such as setting a Windows task scheduler to invoke Bitdefender to update right on Windows start up and every 30 minutes instead?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hi,

I just recently bought Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 after reading all the awesome review.

But I faced some issues such as:

1. Not updating on every start up. It would take a long while, like 5 to 10 minutes before it would start updating.

2. The lowest update frequency I can set is hourly update, and even so it sometimes it misses (as in no update is registered updated in the event log) and when I did a manual update, event log would reflect that an update is done and what update files are downloaded.

This happens everyday on all 3 of the system I have Bitdefender installed on. All 3 systems are on an Intel i7-4790 CPU with 16 GB RAM and Samsung 840 EVO M.2 SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro.

I end up having to right click the Bitdefender system tray icon and select Update Now right after my system boot_s into Windows which updates without any issue to overcome the delayed update on every system start up. Also randomly right click the icon to Update Now manually update in case it didn't update on the hourly frequency.

Is there a way I can set the update frequency to lower than an hour? Such as setting a Windows task scheduler to invoke Bitdefender to update right on Windows start up and every 30 minutes instead?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am using BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 computers which I have set to update every hour and it is pretty good about that.

I am also using BDW8 Security on my W8.1 computers and it updates about every 15 minutes. Another reason I prefer BDW8 Security. :)

• wuqihua
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am using BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 computers which I have set to update every hour and it is pretty good about that.

I am also using BDW8 Security on my W8.1 computers and it updates about every 15 minutes. Another reason I prefer BDW8 Security. :)

Sad to say at the time of my purchase of Bitdefender there wasn't any Windows 8 security in store. I was only offered the Antivirus Plus or Internet Security. Which I chose the antivirus Plus as I do not need the other features of the internet security.

Also it doesn't make sense to me to purchase a Windows 8 specific antivirus program. Windows 10 is coming out next month, which means this Windows 8 security is as good as useless if I were to purchase it.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sad to say at the time of my purchase of Bitdefender there wasn't any Windows 8 security in store. I was only offered the Antivirus Plus or Internet Security. Which I chose the antivirus Plus as I do not need the other features of the internet security.

Also it doesn't make sense to me to purchase a Windows 8 specific antivirus program. Windows 10 is coming out next month, which means this Windows 8 security is as good as useless if I were to purchase it.

Others are saying the same as you but I am not so sure.

BDW8 Security was designed specifically for W8.x and W10 is a lot closer with regard to internals and security features to BDW8 Security than it is to BD 2015 products. As it stands now none of the Bitdefender products are supported on W10 TP and will not clean install on W10 TP. This has been discussed on the forum. My guess is patches will be coming for BD W8 Security and BD 2015 products to make them supportable on W10 to be available on July 29th.

The biggest adavantage of BDW8 Security is it uses close over 200MB less memory than BD 2015 products without degrading the security it provides.

Personally I would like to see Bitdefender do away with the BD 2015 line of products and expand the BD W8 Security line of products to include a basic BD W8 Security, IS and TS line of products. What will happen with BD 2016 is anyone's guess but the extremely high of amount of memory usage in BD 2015 products is unacceptable. As I finish this up vsserv.exe in BD W8 Security on this computer is using less than 25 MB of memory