Will Bdis 2015 32 Bit Work Properly In Windows 64 Bit Windows

Hi

I have purchased a new Windows 64 bit computer.

My previous computer was 32 bit and I had BDIS 2015 32 bit installed.

It worked very well.

I downloaded BDIS 2015 64 bit on to the new computer and installed it.

A few items have me concerned:

1. The support and version number options the bottom if the BDIS main screen do mot appear.

2. So I cannot tell what version is installed - is there a way that I can see the version and see whether it is up to date ?

3. The update does not appear to work - it is just too quick when it runs.

Just after installation there appeared to be no program updates (there are usually quite a few), and the data updates appear to be much too fast.

The update function on the gadget works - and the events show that an update has occurred, but I am not convinced that the BDIS is correctly installed or up to date.

I am really not happy - thus my question - will BDIS 2015 32 bit work properly on a 64 bit Windows ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello shot-bowl,

BD works fine on a 64 bit computer, I have used it for a long time with Win 7 64 and also with Win 8.1 without any problems.

To find the version details, right click the BD icon in the system tray and choose "About", the info is there. For details of updates etc, open the BD IS window by double left clicking the BD icon, click the drop down on the top bar and choose "Events".

The user manual is here - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serGuide_en.pdf

Ro.

• Hello shot-bowl,

BD works fine on a 64 bit computer, I have used it for a long time with Win 7 64 and also with Win 8.1 without any problems.

To find the version details, right click the BD icon in the system tray and choose "About", the info is there. For details of updates etc, open the BD IS window by double left clicking the BD icon, click the drop down on the top bar and choose "Events".

The user manual is here - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serGuide_en.pdf

Ro.

Hi Rohugh

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Much appreciated.