Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blank Login Window

Options

after the installation of the Bitdefender free antivirus program, i needed to log into my bitdefender account to activate the installed bitdefender antivirus program, but the login window was blank. i clicked the reload button several times, but the login window remained blank (circular arrow on top left corner of the login window). as a result, i could not activate the bitdefender free antivirus program.

my operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit.

i attached a screenshot.

please advise.

thanks.

post-182633-1434734035_thumb.png

Comments

• Lionet
    edited June 2015
    Options
    after the installation of the Bitdefender free antivirus program, i needed to log into my bitdefender account to activate the installed bitdefender antivirus program, but the login window was blank. i clicked the reload button several times, but the login window remained blank (circular arrow on top left corner of the login window). as a result, i could not activate the bitdefender free antivirus program.my operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit.i attached a screenshot.please advise.thanks.

HI vgl,

Thanks for giving information on your system, you could put some more information in your signature to avoid repeat it next time,

Did you download it from below?

BD free

I guess you did, but i'd better ask anyway.

Remember we should have:

one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

If you believe you have a malware:

rescue disk

You still have a connection to internet?

another tip:

What is your browser?

Did you let HTTP Switchboard or some other software such as Noscript authorize Bitdefender connection?

The problem is probably there!

The problem is maybe the installation...

I guess you could deinstall the software and reinstall it. deinstall Free edition

... or something else, a Bitdefender admin could answer you more precisely.

Regards,

L.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hello vql,

There have been other reports about the problem of activating the free version, the best thing to do is shoot Bitdefender an email and ask them to sort it out. :)

bitsy@bitdefender.com

Ro.

• vql
    Options
    HI vgl,

Thanks for giving information on your system, you could put some more information in your signature to avoid repeat it next time,

Did you download it from below?

BD free

I guess you did, but i'd better ask anyway.

Remember we should have:

one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

If you believe you have a malware:

rescue disk

You still have a connection to internet?

another tip:

What is your browser?

Did you let HTTP Switchboard or some other software such as Noscript authorize Bitdefender connection?

The problem is probably there!

The problem is maybe the installation...

I guess you could deinstall the software and reinstall it. deinstall Free edition

... or something else, a Bitdefender admin could answer you more precisely.

Regards,

L.

thanks for replying (merci pour votre reponse).

i believe that i downloaded BD free from a legitimate web site; the problem happened many times in the past (last summer) as well. to avoid BD free problem, i installed Avast, which had too many pop-ups. so today, i uninstalled Avast to try BD free again; same problem.

i had no firewall, no AV program running, except for BD free.

i have several browsers: firefox, chrome, IE (rarely or never use).

i have uninstalled and reinstalled BD free many many times... as mentioned above.

i send an email to BD support, but have not received a reply.

thanks and regards.

• vql
    Options
    Hello vql,

There have been other reports about the problem of activating the free version, the best thing to do is shoot Bitdefender an email and ask them to sort it out. :)

bitsy@bitdefender.com

Ro.

thanks for the suggestion to contact BD support. i did not send email to the address you gave, but went to the BD support site, and typed in my request for help. so far, no response yet.

i searched for the current best free AV software; PC Magazine recommended a few for 2015 :

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

Panda is current the best choice by PC Mag, so i am trying out Panda to work around the problem with BD free.

• Lionet
    Options

Hi vgl,

Whatever you do concerning choosing an AV, remember you need a firewall (Windows 7 is supposed to be good, I'd rather have something else) and if you use several browsers you need to have them all updated - even if you rarely use them). ^_^

Regards,

L.

• Nesivos
    Options
    thanks for replying (merci pour votre reponse).

i believe that i downloaded BD free from a legitimate web site; the problem happened many times in the past (last summer) as well. to avoid BD free problem, i installed Avast, which had too many pop-ups. so today, i uninstalled Avast to try BD free again; same problem.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled BD free many many times... as mentioned above.

i send an email to BD support, but have not received a reply.

thanks and regards.

Hopefully you used the proprietary Avast uninstaller and not the Windows or a generic uninstaller. If you did not use the proprietary Avast! uninstaller you should locate the proprietary Avast! uninstaller on the internet and run it. It can't hurt and might help.