Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Adapter Settings Help

Options
satirecase3
edited June 2015 in Firewall

Hi I have a laptop with wireless adapter which runs through a router.What should the settings be for Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 under adapter settings for example home ,stealth remote ,off in my case is this correct ?Thks

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hiya,

I use Firefox and have my settings as - Network Type: Home/Office Stealth Mode: Off Generic: On and suffer no slowdowns in browsing.

Ro.

• Thks for reply ,this would not only be for browsing with firefox but in general with the hardware setup I have.Would it be the same settings in that case.?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

I use that setting on both computers using Bitdefender, laptop is on WiFi, desktop normally on Ethernet but some times on WiFi.

• THks I changed it to your settings .Why would Bitdefender at install put stealth at remote and generic off?

I also in block ports and block internet connection sharing I did not check these off. Is that ok? Thks

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi I have a laptop with wireless adapter which runs through a router.What should the settings be for Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 under adapter settings for example home ,stealth remote ,off in my case is this correct ?Thks

I have a W7-SP1 using wireless connected to other computers on my home network with another W7-SP1 computer connected via ethernet and two W8.1 computers one wireless and one ethernet using BD W8 Security. I have found that BDIS 2015 on the wirelsss W7-SP1 is constantly auto changing the adapter settings. I just use whatever works. Sometimes the adapter settings are auto changed to something that doesn't work in allowing the other computers on my home network to two way connect to the W7-SP1 wireless. When that happens I have to manully change the wireless apdapter settings on the W7-SP1 wireless using BDIS 2015 to get full two way connections to my other home networked computers. Frankly it is real pain. With BDW8 Security no problems. There is nothing to set other than selecting the other computers you want to connect to. Set it and forget it.

Sorry folks but again I have found BDW8 Security tops BDIS 2015. This may not be other BD 2015 users experience but has been mine.

• Thks for reply good to know. I am not really doing any file or folder sharing or using a home network sort of.My desktop has another av which has a expire date in 3 months. I'll keep settings like you said above and keep a watch out. I noticed though that changing profiles in Bitdefender sometimes do not revert the changes back, for example movie profile disable windows update temporarily, putting it back to standard profile does not put windows up date back to normal ,I had to manuallty do it. Oh well.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Thks for reply good to know. I am not really doing any file or folder sharing or using a home network sort of.My desktop has another av which has a expire date in 3 months. I'll keep settings like you said above and keep a watch out. I noticed though that changing profiles in Bitdefender sometimes do not revert the changes back, for example movie profile disable windows update temporarily, putting it back to standard profile does not put windows up date back to normal ,I had to manuallty do it. Oh well.

You need to go into the Profile section of BD and change the settings for each profile to keep Windows auto upate on. I am not at any of my computers with BD 2015 so I don't remember exactly what needs to be changed but as I recall it is pretty obvious once you looking at the Profile settings. A number of people including myself have had this problem until they changed the settings in the profiles