Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2015 Installation Error Win. 8

Options

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for help, guidance, a fix or anything to help me install my Bitdefender total security 2015.

I ran into a problem with my laptop, my husband essentially reset it. I uninstalled the security system it came with, in order to install my bitdefender, however, during the installation process, specifically during the scan portion, the pop up closes and windows completely crashes.

I've read a few threads on this forum. I've already tried the clean boot but it didn't work.

I've tried installing with the online update and without, still crashes.

I'm not completely tech savvy so any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hello blitz16leb and welcome to the forums,

When you uninstalled the previous antivirus did you use the uninstaller specifically made for that program or did you use the Windows one? You should use the program specific uninstaller to ensure all parts are removed. Plus if you have any other security software installed, remove them, that includes anti-malware, anti-spyware and anti-adware ones.

Finally, as you have already tried installing Bitdefender, run the BD uninstall in case there are any corrupted files that are causing your problem. (BD Uninstaller)

Try again, the off-line installs are best.

Ro.