Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Collision With Samsung Scan Software

Options

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 making problems to Samsung scanning software from multifunctional laser printer.

Module - mfpscan32.exe interrupt scan with bitdefender is ON ( exclude to samsung directory ON and intrusion detection OFF) .

Just after:

1. Bitdefender On Line scanning - Off and

2. Active Virus Control - Off

scanning procedure is working.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 making problems to Samsung scanning software from multifunctional laser printer.

Module - mfpscan32.exe interrupt scan with bitdefender is ON ( exclude to samsung directory ON and intrusion detection OFF) .

Just after:

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Hi Eli,

welcome on the forum,

You could check in the home user support how to activate rules in your firewall to what you want to do.

how to create a firewall zone

As far as I know, it is necessary to deactivate the "paranoïd" mode in the firewall

You could add the printer in the rules too (you use ethernet or wifi?)

another tip:

stealth off

Does it help?

:)

Regards,

L

• Nesivos
    Options

Just after:

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

First a bunch of questions with possible solutions below

1. How much CPU are mfpscan32.exe and vsserv.exe each using during a SmarThru scan which is when it sound like you are having the problem?

2. How much CPU is mfpscan32.exe using when BD Online scanning and AV Control are turned off?

3. How much total CPU is being used during a SmarThru scan with BD Online Scanning and AV Control turned on?

4. What is the CPU make and model on the computer?

5. What Windows OS are you using?

6. Is SmarThru updated to the recent release?

7. Are the drivers and firmware for the Samsung multifunctional laser printer updated to the latest release of each?

1 - 5 from above - It could be you have a low end CPU leading to a 100% CPU usage when scanning with SmarThru and with BD Online Scanning and AV Control turned on. If you are trying to use both SmarThru scanning (Scanners use a lot of CPU) and BD Online scanning and AV Control together on an older computer with an lower end CPU your computer might just not have enough power to handle both together. BD is sanning the documents at the same time as SmarThru is. Suggestion: Upgrade your computer.

6 - 7 from above - It could also be that your version of SmarThru is not current and/or the drivers and firmware of the Samsung multifunctinal lazer printer are not current. Suggestion: Update your version of SmarThru along with the drivers and firmware for the Samsung multifunctional lazer printer.

• ili
    Options
    Hi Eli,

You could check in the home user support how to activate rules in your firewall to what you want to do.

Does it help?

That's not issue of firewall, printer connected locally via USB.

• Nesivos
    Options

One last thought.

If you are using Windows 8.X you might want to consider switching BD products to BDW8 Security which is optimized for Windows 8 and uses far less memory and CPU than BD 2015 products do. This may eliminate the interrupt problem if you are using Windows 8.X. I have used BDW8 Security for over two years on my two W8 computers and love it. No problems with malware, no high memory issues etc etc. While BDW8 Security does not have all the bells and whistles that some BD 2015 products have BDW8 Security is optimized for W8.X and you can find all those bells and whistles for free on the internet with Windows utility apps that work very well.

P.S. I do uses BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 computers but only because BDW8 Security does not run on W7. ;)

• Lionet
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That's not issue of firewall, printer connected locally via USB.

Hi Eli,

OK. It's true, you could deactivate the USB analysis in the AV parameter, but it's not good.

Please answer Nesivos questions.

Are the drivers and firmware for the Samsung multifunctional laser printer updated to the latest release of each?

I wonder too whether the multifunction printer driver could have something to do with this issue.

Do you have any other problems with mfpscan32.Exe?

mfpscan32.exe

However I do not think the culprit is there if you have no problem with BD "off"...

Maybe you could look for an answer on Samsung's forum?

Samsung

Regards,

L.

• ili
    Options

That is interesting :-)

6 - 7 from above - It could also be that your version of SmarThru is not current and/or the drivers and firmware of the Samsung multifunctinal lazer printer are not current. Suggestion: Update your version of SmarThru along with the drivers and firmware for the Samsung multifunctional lazer printer.

I have last version of Samsung drivers software and firmware.

"1. How much CPU are mfpscan32.exe and vsserv.exe each using during a SmarThru scan which is when it sound like you are having the problem?

2. How much CPU is mfpscan32.exe using when BD Online scanning and AV Control are turned off?

3. How much total CPU is being used during a SmarThru scan with BD Online Scanning and AV Control turned on?

4. What is the CPU make and model on the computer?

5. What Windows OS are you using?"

I think that's the point !!

Together mfpscan32.exe and vsserv.exe going to 100% of CPU and the system hang off , if BD Online scanning and AV Control are turned off 50-70%.

Hardware - 6 year and Win7 32bit.

Thank You.

• Lionet
    Options
    That is interesting :-)

I have last version of Samsung drivers software and firmware.

I think that's the point !!

Together mfpscan32.exe and vsserv.exe going to 100% of CPU and the system hang off , if BD Online scanning and AV Control are turned off 50-70%.

Hardware - 6 year and Win7 32bit.

Thank You.

Hi Eli,

Maybe, something to check below:

Vsserv.exe is BD's backbone defense and needs memory...

vsserv.exe

Regards,

L. :)