Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus 2015 Hangs On Installing 0%

Options

I just purchased Bitdefender Antivirus 2015 and it won't install. After downloading and scanning it hangs at 0% of installing

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 64bit with all the updates.

I was running Avast! and Malwarebytes and have uninstalled both of those and run the cleaners/uninstallers provided by Bitdefender. After which I ran Ccleaner

I have also tried installing using the offline installer.

I see now errors in the Windows EventLog

Other applications install just fine. Since the problem started last weekend and I couldn't solve it I re-installed Malwarebytes just fine. I uninstalled Malwarebytes again today and was trying a few other things.

I am in conversations with Bitdefender tech support and sent them some debug info after running their support tool. Oddly the only thing we found was that the Windows Installer service was not running but after turning that back on the install still hung

I'm posting here to see if others have any ideas.

I did read about others having a problem when having an Asus motherboard and running Asus's AI Suite II so I uninstalled that as well. Though that has meant giving up fan control, which stinks but it didn't help my install of Bitdefender

anybody have any ideas?

thanks

mike

PS some other things I tried

running the installer as Administrator

unblocking the exe

running the installer in Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP SP 3 compatibility mode

I tried installing in Safe Mode but the program says it won't install in safe mode

I've tried killing all unnecessary processes before running the installer

Comments

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just purchased Bitdefender Antivirus 2015 and it won't install. After downloading and scanning it hangs at 0% of installing

Other applications install just fine. Since the problem started last weekend and I couldn't solve it I re-installed Malwarebytes just fine. I uninstalled Malwarebytes again today and was trying a few other things.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks mike

Hi mhowes,

Welcome on the forum!

Ouch... you tried almost everything and it does not work... :huh:

Some tips:

Where did you buy your software? from a BD's official reseller? I mean: is it a genuine one?

Did you deactivate the UAC?

i read on the french forum it could create trouble when installing the software...

UAC

something else on BD's forum, it could an old issue?

disabling the UAC

Are you sure your system is safe? Analyze it.

rescue disk

You could check this too:

BD setup error

You are sure every other antimalware programs are deleted and you have admin rights to install your BD software? You saved the BD file first on your hard disk? no bad clusters on the disk?

Sorry for not displaying a quick, sure answer... :( no more ideas tonight.

Regards,

L

-_-

• mhowes
    Options

I did not disable UAC. I will try that now.

I did check if my system was safe. In multiple ways, including the one you suggested.

and yes I uninstalled both antivirus/antimalware programs, ran the cleaners from the BD site and ccleaner afterwards

I purchased BD directly from the BD site

thanks

mike

• Lionet
    Options
    I did not disable UAC. I will try that now.

I did check if my system was safe. In multiple ways, including the one you suggested.

and yes I uninstalled both antivirus/antimalware programs, ran the cleaners from the BD site and ccleaner afterwards

I purchased BD directly from the BD site thanks mike

Hi,

did the software check your system first before trying to install?

Do you keep an internet access open during the installation?

Do you use a proxy instead of a direct internet line? (then you have to input the parameters of the proxy)

no more ideas...

L.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

If you still need help please post back the ticket ID received when contacting the Bitdefender Technical Support team so I can look into this.

Thank you.