Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Persistent Browsing Problem Prevents Pages From Showing Content

Options

Hello :-)

I am using BD TS 2015 MD. It runs very well on my PC and this year's BD products seem to be the best yet.

[in the past I always eventually had an issues with BD, like missing database or update downloading issues or something like that and eventually removed my BD IS. No offense, but I would often refer to BD as the best AV engine housed in problematic software. Other than this browsing issue which I do not consider a deal-breaker, BD TS 2015 has been working flawlessly on my PC and I enjoy using it and am extremely confident, with good reason, in the protection it provides. I have been very impressed with its performance. (I have had several licensing issues with My Bitdefender like my 1-year subscription showing as having expired 6 weeks after the product was released, but these issues eventually self-corrected or I was doing something wrong.)]

The problem is: Frequently on many websites I have to take several steps to see the page content. The URL shown in the address bar may be correct or the box that opens in the lower left corner will show the address I am trying to connect to but the connection arrow may or may not continue to spin. Often the reload symbol appears with no content showing.

To view such pages I usually have to stop the connection attempt (with the "x" in the address bar") and then reload the page or reload the page if the connection attempt has been "successful". In other words, it appears that my browser has connected with the URL but won't show the page until I reload it. There is no particular type of web page that causes this that I can tell. I may have to repeat this procedure a couple of times but eventually I always get to see the content of the page. Occasionally the page will not appear properly formatted but one reload will fix that.

I have my "Intrusion Detection "set at Medium. All other settings are at default except for Auto Pilot choosing my profile. For some reason my profile last week was stuck on "Games" - My OS is Windows 8.1. I use Firefox 95% of the time for my browsing. I have uninstalled with the BD Removal Tool and reinstalled several times but this issue is always there. I have a rock solid 130 Mbps down IP connection.

I really believe in Bitdefender and would hate to switch to another security suite. The problem is not major and I resist changing suites, but after a while it becomes very annoying. When the pages do load the appearance of the content is fast and overall my browsing is fast.

Suggested solutions appreciated.

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello :-)

I am using BD TS 2015 MD. It runs very well on my PC and this year's BD products seem to be the best yet.

[in the past I always eventually had an issues with BD, like missing database or update downloading issues or something like that and eventually removed my BD IS. No offense, but I would often refer to BD as the best AV engine housed in problematic software. Other than this browsing issue which I do not consider a deal-breaker, BD TS 2015 has been working flawlessly on my PC and I enjoy using it and am extremely confident, with good reason, in the protection it provides. I have been very impressed with its performance. (I have had several licensing issues with My Bitdefender like my 1-year subscription showing as having expired 6 weeks after the product was released, but these issues eventually self-corrected or I was doing something wrong.)]

The problem is: Frequently on many websites I have to take several steps to see the page content. The URL shown in the address bar may be correct or the box that opens in the lower left corner will show the address I am trying to connect to but the connection arrow may or may not continue to spin. Often the reload symbol appears with no content showing.

To view such pages I usually have to stop the connection attempt (with the "x" in the address bar") and then reload the page or reload the page if the connection attempt has been "successful". In other words, it appears that my browser has connected with the URL but won't show the page until I reload it. There is no particular type of web page that causes this that I can tell. I may have to repeat this procedure a couple of times but eventually I always get to see the content of the page. Occasionally the page will not appear properly formatted but one reload will fix that.

I have my "Intrusion Detection "set at Medium. All other settings are at default except for Auto Pilot choosing my profile. For some reason my profile last week was stuck on "Games" - My OS is Windows 8.1. I use Firefox 95% of the time for my browsing. I have uninstalled with the BD Removal Tool and reinstalled several times but this issue is always there. I have a rock solid 130 Mbps down IP connection.

I really believe in Bitdefender and would hate to switch to another security suite. The problem is not major and I resist changing suites, but after a while it becomes very annoying. When the pages do load the appearance of the content is fast and overall my browsing is fast.

Suggested solutions appreciated.

I have had the same problem though not every often.

If you have all of the boxes checked uinder Web Protection, then scanning some pages depending on the content. links on the page etc could take some time. Now this is only a guess but it could be your browser is timing out on pages that take a while for Bitdender to scan. When you reload the page the prior scan information may be in cache (guess) allowing the page to load.

In anycase, what you could try and do is find out where in your browser's timeout setting is and increase the "timeout" number. See if that helps

The above is comment is based upon 70% experience and 30% guess.