Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Check Boxes In Quick Or System Scan Settings

Options

Trial user, BD Total Security 2015, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I can't seem to select any scan targets in the settings for either Quick Scan or System Scan -- only on Custom Scan. The boxes aren't grayed out, but clicking them has no effect (no checkmarks appear). Based on similar postings I did a Repair, but saw no change. Is this normal? (Does the trial version block certain functions?)

I do understand that idle-time scanning now sort of replaces the old-school notion of scheduled full system scanning, but I can't imagine these features are intentionally disabled, eh?

Haven't installed BD before, fully uninstalled the prior AV, never reinstalled the OS.

As always, thanks for any help.

Mark

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options
    I can't seem to select any scan targets in the settings for either Quick Scan or System Scan -- only on Custom Scan. The boxes aren't grayed out, but clicking them has no effect (no checkmarks appear). Based on similar postings I did a Repair, but saw no change. Is this normal? (Does the trial version block certain functions?)

Mark

Hello Mark,

Yes this is normal and no the trial version has all the functions of the paid version. Those scan targets are fixed in quick and system scans and you have to set up a custom scan if you want to scan different areas.

Ro.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mark99k Hello, Rohugh is right. Be advised that Quick Scan and System Scan you see there under Manage Scans are predefined tasks which can not be modified. It's normal to have the options for these 2 existing scan tasks grayed out. It's not a malfunction of Bitdefender. If you want to be able to modify the scan options please pick New custom task.

• @Mark99k Hello, Rohugh is right. Be advised that Quick Scan and System Scan you see there under Manage Scans are predefined tasks which can not be modified. It's normal to have the options for these 2 existing scan tasks grayed out. It's not a malfunction of Bitdefender. If you want to be able to modify the scan options please pick New custom task.

Hi Georgia. So, you're saying, on non-custom scans, I can't choose to suppress the summary window even if no threats are found? That seems backward; I'd want the custom scan to tell me its result, but the standard scans to not bother me with a window interrupting my work when the result isn't something that needs any action. I chose Bitdefender because it was described as non-intrusive. Hm.