Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web Protection Not Working In Windows 10

Since upgrading to Win10 Web Protection is no longer flagging any problem web pages.

I have three machines running Bitdefender. One on Win7, one on Win8.1 and (now) one on Win10. Going to the same web pages on all three result in web protection hits and pages being blocked on the two non-Win10 machines, and did on the Win10 machine before the update. It was updated from Win8.1.

As a side note, updating Bitdefender to work at all on Win10 has been a pain. The automatic update of Bitdefender did not work. I had to use the removal tool to get rid of it and install offline just to get it working. The firewall was blocking all internet access until this (could get on the internet by turning off stealth mode as a temp workaround). The clean offline install was not easy. During the install the machine was bumped offline and stalled at 99% downloading an 67% installing the first time through. (I should have not accepted the default and NOT taken updates during the setup) Did two forced reboots (couldn't kill the install process), both after disabling the firewall. Bitdefender notified that it needed updating. After that update and one more reboot bitdefender came up and seems to be running as expected....almost. I have little faith the current install is good.

Result: No Web Protection even though it is turned on. It's simply not detecting nor blocking.

All machines are running 64 bt OS.

Should I clean Bitdefender again and reinstall again?

So far no suggestions from the Bitdefender support folks have helped.

Comments

• Well....there was just now a phishing attempt detected. GOOD!!

So, Web Protection is working at some level. It's still not detecting at the level it is on the other machines.

Setting are the same on all machines and there are no links in the whitelist.

• One more symptom.

The green and red dots that show up beside links on web pages after they have been checked are not showing on the Win10.

No way to know if they are safe, or even if they have been checked.

Possibly, this is the reason some many more events are being logged on the non-Win10 machines --- those links are not being checked.

• One more symptom.

The green and red dots that show up beside links on web pages after they have been checked are not showing on the Win10.

No way to know if they are safe, or even if they have been checked.

Hiya, when you say "dots" do you mean the green dots with a tick inside or just a dot? The reason I ask is that the ones with a tick are from search advisor and part of the Web Protection. The red and green dots are from BD TrafficLight which is a separate add on and certainly not available if you are using Microsoft Edge - which browser are you using?

Ro.

• Hiya, when you say "dots" do you mean the green dots with a tick inside or just a dot? The reason I ask is that the ones with a tick are from search advisor and part of the Web Protection. The red and green dots are from BD TrafficLight which is a separate add on and certainly not available if you are using Microsoft Edge - which browser are you using?

Ro.

Thanks for the questions.

I didn't know there was a different mode/section putting similar dots/icons on there. I'll need to boot up the other machines to see which is which.

BUT!!! I don't see either now, so neither are working as expected. I expect to see them on sites such as CNN and FaceBook, and on Google Results pages, if that helps.

I'm using Google Chrome about 99% of the time. The rest is in Internet Explorer. Edge is pretty much unusable so I only pop it open to snoop around to see if anything as been updated.

Bitdefender Wallet plugin is enabled in Chrome, just in case that matters.

• The green dot with the check in the middle is what I'm talking about. I don't see any solid green dots on the Win7 machine.

Also, enabling the Bitdefender Toolbar is no longer an option on Win10.

Search Advisor is enabled on all machines.

For example of the difference, there are 70 events on the Win7 machine but just 1 on the Win10 machine. This is after a few days each. I use the Win10 machine a lot more than the Win7, so it should have many more events in the notifications.

• The web protection does not seem to be working in the free edition either.

• I had all the same problems you are telling here. No trafficlight on web, no events in firewall or web protection. REINSTALL it and Use the bitdefender uninstal tool ... mine now works perfectly... everything is fine (have to say that I did 2 times the uninstall tool and I downloaded the very last version online of bitdefender ) download it there http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html that should solve your problems... dont use a disk or another link use this one

• I had all the same problems you are telling here. No trafficlight on web, no events in firewall or web protection. REINSTALL it and Use the bitdefender uninstal tool ... mine now works perfectly... everything is fine (have to say that I did 2 times the uninstall tool and I downloaded the very last version online of bitdefender ) download it there http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html that should solve your problems... dont use a disk or another link use this one

After upgrading to Win10 it wouldn't run at all. No one sereen notification, no taskbar icon. Choosing to repair instead of uninstall brought those back, and it seemed to work as expected for most of the day, then there was an update and the internet was blocked. Had to turn off stealth mode to unblock the internet. In hindsight, maybe the time it seemed to be working was because it wasn't. :huh:

In an effort to get internet back I used the uninstall tool and reinstalled offline. That's where I am now.

Yet, offline reinstall was not smooth. After a number of reboots there was a notification that I needed to update, so I did. That update seemed to fix the firewall blocking issue at long last.

Ae you suggesting to uninstall with the tool a second time and doing the offline setup again?

The offline setup exe I have is "bitdefender_is_19_64b" for Internet Security 2015.

The link you gave is the link to buy a new copy of Total Security 2015, not a link to the offline setup. Is that what you are suggesting to use?

'm not sure that will help, since an issue we are dealing with is networking being blocked. When that happens downloading is blocked and the setups that download and install will be horked. These setups download an install updates during the setup, so sometimes in the middle of the setup the firewall is engaged and all bets are off after that.

• Reinstall didn't help.

Still doesn't work, or at least there are no notifications. (except that one from a day or so ago that seems like a fluke)

I don't have a good feeling that Bitdefender is doing what we paid for if we have no web protection.

Without notifications we can only assume it's not blocking any bad pages, phishing attempts, etc.

• Reinstall didn't help.

Still doesn't work, or at least there are no notifications. (except that one from a day or so ago that seems like a fluke)

I don't have a good feeling that Bitdefender is doing what we paid for if we have no web protection.

Without notifications we can only assume it's not blocking any bad pages, phishing attempts, etc.

I had the same issue right from I updated my windows 8.1 to windows 10. BD web protection was not working. I have a second computer that has windows 7 which is working fine. I checked couple of malware infected game sites on windows 7 and BD was blocking and flagging it as a Malware infected Site. I checked the same site on Windows 10 and BD was neither giving warning message nor blocking the site. I took the screen shot of both windows 7 and windows 10 and sent it to the Bitdefender Technical Team but they couldn't solve the issue. I am now depending on Windows Defender.