How Do I Enter Reg Key For New Install On Win 10?

alokep
edited August 2015 in Install & register

I installed BD Antivirus Plus 2015 on a new Win 10 system. This was the Win 10 compatible version that I downloaded (30 day trial) from the BD web site.

http://www.bitdefender.com/Downloads/

The version # is 19.2.0.142

[Which is strange.. given that the current version on my other PC running Win 7 Pro is 18.23.0.1604]

I subsequently purchased a boxed version of the software and want to activate it version installed on my Win 10 PC.

The problem is, I cannot get a dialog box to enter the code!!

The "29 days left" and "Buy now" in the lower left corner of the About screen are not links and clicking on that doesn't do anything.

What do I do? I cannot return my BD Antivirus Plus 2015 DVD now that I have opened the box.

Aloke

Comments

• Hello aloke p,

Firstly, version 19 is the Bitdefender Windows 10 version so it is correct. :)

Secondly, open the Bitdefender GUI by double clicking the icon in the task bar, then click the days left in the bottom left hand corner. That will take you to a screen where you can enter your license number.

Let us know if that worked.

Ro.

• That is exactly what is not working. The mouse shape does not change when over that text and clicking there does nothing.

• That is exactly what is not working. The mouse shape does not change when over that text and clicking there does nothing.

Hi alokep

However the trial version is the most récent one, it is the boxed version you try to implement, if I understand well.

You need to fully deinstall one version (maybe in safe mode) to install the other.

Maybe you could wait for the technical support to ask for your new key license in PM to introduce it in Mybitdefender or send a message to them through Mybitdefender.

Regards,

L.

• OK, aloke p,

Follow the instructions from here.

Uninstall the version you have as shown in #1.

Install your Antivirus plus from the download link.

Ro.