Policy For Upgrade From Is2014 To Is2015 ?

Looked around the form but don't see any reference to upgrading (for free) from IS2014 to IS2015. I am a long time user of BD (also very glad to see Georgia back) and will be upgrading to Win 10 Pro 64bit in near future. (Have BD on three machines now)

Questions are:

1) My current license for BDIS 2014 is good for a couple more years....is 2015 a free upgrade/update for 2014 and will the upgrade install automatically transfer my license from 2014 to 2015 ?

2) What's the suggestion/recommendation...do I upgrade to BDIS2015 now or should I remove BDIS 2014 prior to Win 10 upgrade...and then reinstall BDIS 2014 (or BDIS15) in Windows 10, or should I upgrade my Win 7 Pro machine now and then upgrade to Win 10 with BDIS 2015 already installed ?

Thanks

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Hello TiminAz,

From what I have seen on the forums it is better to un-install Bitdefender before upgrading to Windows 10, (it's the way I went and it is trouble free) once the upgrade is complete, download your version of Bitdefender from here -

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

Whilst the new Bitdefender should automatically detect your license key, make sure you have a note of it (you can find it on My Bitdefender) just in case you have to manually add it.

Ro.