Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Are All Settingd Greyed Out?

ver 19.2.0.142. Installed, validated (1 year) and updated.

Even with AutoPilot off, all settings are greyed out! Why?

How do I get the control back to change settings?

Example: I want to turn on-access off for 5 min to install genuine drivers and BIOS. I cannot change ANY settings!?

Aloke

Comments

• Hiya,

I don't know why they are grayed out but they shouldn't be. Maybe run a repair to Bitdefender from the Control Panel and see if that sorts it?

Ro.

• That did not help. However, I see a pattern.

This is on a Windows 10 64 bit system

Restarted the pc under a Admin account

I uninstalled using BD uninstaller tool.

Restarted the pc under a Admin account

Installed BDTS, registered and updated it.

I can change settings

Restarted PC under a "Normal user" account. I prefer to use the PC normally under this account and not the one with Admin privileges.

The settings are greyed out

Ran BDTS as an Administrator (by right-clicking the icon on the desktop).

I can change settings.

Conclusion: To change settings, run BDTS GUI as an Administrator. Note that there is no way to do this from the icon in the Taskbar.

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug. Also, I haven't explored all other aspects of BDTS that gets affected by running it under a Normal account.

Aloke

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Thank you, that is a useful piece of information. It stands to reason that you should not allow other users, apart from the Administrator, to be able to change settings on the antivirus. :)

Ro.

• vedlos
    edited August 2015

Hi,

I have a similar problem with BD Antivirus Plus 2015 on Windows 7 with the Advanced Options in System and Quick Scan configuration. I'd like to perform one quick scan every day, but I don't want to have to see the results window and then close it unless there is a problem. But the Advance Options tab is all greyed out. Only creating a new custom task are those options accesible, but I don't want to customize a new scan (I wouldn't know what to scan), I just want System and Quick scans to run by themselves and forget about them unless something happens.

After four days working on my problem I was told by Customer Care that "you cannot disable the scan window of Bitdefender". Then a thorough explanation on how to create a customized scan task.

So I just saw this thread and thought maybe someone has a solution or a workaround... I think there is something worse for a program than lacking a feature: showing it greyed out.

Thanks anyway!

(BTW, I'm already running BD as an administrator)

• I need to do a Repair and Install Windows10 but cannot disable Bitdefender as Advanced options in Antivirus are greyed out. Will I have to uninstall to get round this ?
  • I thought I had already done this but I cannot see my comment so will repeat it.

I need to do a Repair and Install on Windows 10 but cannot disable Bitdefender as Advanced Options in Antivirus Protection are greyed out. Will I have to uninstall ? I am logged in with an Administrator Account.