Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Send mail problem

Options

Hi there. First of all I love BD10 and was so happy that it gave me the opportunity to say goodbye to Zonealarm!!

However there is a problem when sending mail via Outlook 2003.

If I have a large email to send say, an mp3 (10mb) I get the following error:

Task '8bitbeat - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Outlook shows the email as unsent and remains in my Outbox. This however is not true as the email is sent fine and the recipient gets it as intended.

This send mail problem stops when I disable the real-time antivirus.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8bitBeat

Comments

• khufu
    Options

Try this: disable real time time protection and send your emails, or go to real time protection and uncheck scan outgoing emails.

This worked for me with Mozilla TB.

• I too noticed that it takes a lot longer to send an email with a lets say a 3MB attachement with real-time protection enabled compared to disabled. That makes no sense to me since I have the option to scan outgoing email disabled.

• Niels
    Options

Hi 8bitBeat

You can try this open outlook. Go to tools (extra),e-mail accounts,rightclick on the the name of your mail settings and choose change then press on more settings (options),advanced and change the slider by time-outs. Confirm by pressing on ok.

I must say that the attachments you try to send are too large. I recommend that you compact them in an archive or using a service like yousendit! : http://www.yousendit.com/

Outlook has some problems with tool large attachments.

Regards

Niels

• 8bitBeat
    Options

Thanks for your input people :)

As I mentioned in the original post, all is well when I disable real time scanning. However, I do not see this as an option. I distribute media files for my work, and as such, it is my duty to provide as much protection to my clients as I can. It does slow things down, but in my case, it's worth it.

The problem is not too serious. The mail gets there fine, but ends up sitting in the outbox ready to go again, not to much hassle to erase it, but it should work as intended, I'm sure the people at BD will get on it soon enough ;)

• 8bitBeat
    Options

lol!!! Right on que. OK done as you suggested and all seems fine! And yes, email for attachments like that is the wrong way to go, looking into other methods as we speak.

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Peace

8bitBeat

• Niels
    Options

Hi 8bitBeat

Glad that I could help you.

Normally you receive only that errormessage when the attachments is a few megabytes great.

Sometimes you can get strange behaviour e.g the mail is sended again and again due a to short timeout setting.

Regards

Niels

• 8bitBeat
    edited May 2007
    Options

Just to confirm to everyone this has fixed my problem. I am now sending out apology emails to all those I spammed lol!!

I think I may have been blacklisted in some places . . .meh!

Thanks again for your help.

8bitBeat