Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2016 Total Security Uninstall Tool

Options

Hi,

I've been beta testing the Bitdefender 2016 Total Security but after returning to a previous restore point on Windows 10, Bitdefender is no longer starting up properly or accessible. It is listed in the Programs and Features but the uninstall fails. Is there an unstall tool for this release? I can only find uninstallers for 2015 and earlier listed on the website. Looking at the properties of bdagent, I have v 20.0.16.888.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Karl,

If you look in "All Apps" from the start up menu you will find Bitdefender. There should be "Repair or "Remove. I suggest you do the remove in safe mode to ensure everything is removed.

Ro.

• Hello Karl,

If you look in "All Apps" from the start up menu you will find Bitdefender. There should be "Repair or "Remove. I suggest you do the remove in safe mode to ensure everything is removed.

Ro.

As I mentioned the installation is now corrupt. Trying to uninstall from the 'All Apps' or 'Programs and Features' fails; nothing happens. I have tried in safe mode and after normally logging on with a user that has admin rights. Hence why I am looking for an uninstall tool. Looking on the Bitdefender website there are uninstallers for the previous releases up to Total Security 2015 but there is no tool for Total Security 2016.

I have also tried C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\SetupInformation\{09FE2C2E-BB0D-4848-A706-AA244FA25FEA}\installer.exe but that also fails.

• Rohugh
    Options

I had a similar problem with the 2016 beta a while ago. I asked about uninstalling and was told to use the Control Panel so I suspect there is not a 2016 uninstall tool yet.

I will also say that my experience of the beta is on my Win 8.1 machine, I have not tried it with Windows 10.

Ro.

• An update:

Since there seems to be no uninstall tool and I didn't receive any useful replies from Bitdefender I tried to uninstall using

Advanced Uninstaller 11. This seemed to work but when I tried to re-install the latest beta of Bitdefender Total Security 2016; the install failed. The installer reported that it needed to remove an old version of Bitdefender after a restart. I performed the restart and the uninstall of the 'old bitdefender' failed. At this point the installer / uninstaller ended up looping where it would prompt for a restart to uninstall the old version and the uninstall would failed. I then stopped the Bitdefender installer / uninstaller and used Revo Uninstall Pro to try to uninstall Bitdefender. After a few attempts (since Revo was conflicting with the Bitdefender installer / uninstaller) I managed to remove Bitdefender. I attempted the reinstall again and this time it worked OK. I had a glitch on restarting with Bitdefender newly installed where the anti virus failed to activate; but using the Bitdefender repair to uninstall / reinstall the files everything is now working again.