Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Free Conflict Wirh Windows 7 System Restore

Options

Hi to everyone

Not quite sure if this is the right place to post my query in regard Bitdefender Free AV nor if the issue has been addressed.

In which case could you point me on the right Link/ forum?

Each time I require to perform a System Restore in Windows 7 I have to at least exit from all Bitdefender Free AV protection, often I have to uninstall it completely. The same goes, sometime, while installing new applications or Updates.

Regards,

VS

Comments

• Lionet
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not quite sure if this is the right place to post my query in regard Bitdefender Free AV nor if the issue has been addressed.

Hi VecchioScarpone,

Welcome on the forum!

You could have input your message in the "Bitdefender Antivirus free edition" sub forum. However I do not think the problem is specific for the free edition.

Each time I require to perform a System Restore in Windows 7 I have to at least exit from all Bitdefender Free AV protection, often I have to uninstall it completely

It sounds logic to me. I never did a system restore in W7, but I noticed that everytime I did a Windows XP restore (many, many years ago), I had to repair or reinstall my antimalware software... This kind of sofware did not appreciate to go back to a former system install. Probably the same today...

The same goes, sometime, while installing new applications or Updates.

It is unusual.

I'm afraid that your system is not very clean if you need many restorations... (I have made no restoration for my W XP in seven years, no restoration for my W7 since I installed it 3 years ago) You'd better check it first.

a few tips:

clean the system

Regards, :)

L.

• VecchioScarpone
    edited September 2015
    Options

<Hi VecchioScarpone,

Welcome on the forum!

You could have input your message in the "Bitdefender Antivirus free edition" sub forum. However I do not think the problem is specific for the free edition.>

Should I copy/paste and restart the topic in there?

Thanks for the tips. My system is clean, just that I tend to mess up things by sticking my nose where it does not belong...

Very very limited when it comes to computers :huh:

Merci beaucoup

:)

• i say there are so many ways to open system restore

here you can see on the article of system restore

but after installing Bitdefender it wont open

dont know why?