Firewall Adapter Keeps Changing

crisoliv
edited September 2015 in Protection

I have set my adapter firewall to Trusted and it keeps changing to Home/Office when I start my computer. Also the BD firewall shows a second adapter with Public setup, and when I change back my 1st adapter to Trusted the second adapter disappears. :wacko:

Thought, I don't know if there´s a pattern between starting the computer and this firewall adapter awkward behavior, but looks like it. :unsure:

----------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro (Final) - Build 10240

Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 - Build 20.0.18.1037

Comments

• Same problem here but only for Wifi connections.

• On 9/15/2015 at 4:03 PM, crisoliv said:

I have set my adapter firewall to Trusted and it keeps changing to Home/Office when I start my computer. Also the BD firewall shows a second adapter with Public setup, and when I change back my 1st adapter to Trusted the second adapter disappears. :wacko:

Thought, I don't know if there´s a pattern between starting the computer and this firewall adapter awkward behavior, but looks like it. :unsure:

----------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro (Final) - Build 10240

Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 - Build 20.0.18.1037

Same problem, I have just wired network.

Is there a flag somewhere enabling the "protection" of my settings by resetting them to ... value?

• Hello,

Please go to Firewall > Adapters

There you will have a option Generic, please ensure that one is ON.

Featured content

bitdefender review banner

Ukrainian Government Websites Defaced in Massive Cyberattack

Hackers took down and defaced several Ukrainian government websites after diplomatic talks between Ukrainian, Russian and US officials reached a dead end on Thursday.

Read more

Top Five Security Tips for iPhone Owners in 2022

‘Less is more applies’ perfectly to exploits targeting iOS. They are rare, but can inflict major damage..

Read more

Critical Vulnerability in 3 WordPress Plugins Impacts 84,000 Websites

“Security experts last week disclosed a critical WordPress plugin vulnerability affecting over 84,000 websites"

Read more