Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help Needed For Bitdefender Internet Security 2008

Options

I bought and install BD 2008 interent security last month (2yrs sub. for 2 PCs.). Very please with the product, did the job well except for the tight registration requirement. I install the program on my desktop PC which is running dual boot (XP and Vista). I install on my PC twice using the same key as there are different OS, not sure if BD take it as 1 or 2pcs. I next install the program on my laptop using the 2nd key. Check my account found BD internet security (trial) expire while Antivirus has 600+ days left, not sure what's going on but I bought the CD from a reputable shop. Everything went smoothly and was able to update.

Recently I upgrade my PC hardware, reformat my harddisk and re-install BD internet security, encounter unable to update problem, Windows keep alerting me antivirus not up to date. Uninstall and reinstall for the next 2 days did not solve problem. send mail to Bitdefender about my disappointment but no reply or help from them. A week later I try to re-install and this time the program is able to update.

There is still one problem which I'm still unable to rectify, my Bitdefender indicates "No critical issues affect the security of your system, 2 issues require your attention". Check the BD four status button is green and individually check and found no issue. Can anyone advise me how to go about to locate the 2 issues which BD is indicating.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you use proxy ?!

• zneto
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I bought and install BD 2008 interent security last month (2yrs sub. for 2 PCs.). Very please with the product, did the job well except for the tight registration requirement. I install the program on my desktop PC which is running dual boot (XP and Vista). I install on my PC twice using the same key as there are different OS, not sure if BD take it as 1 or 2pcs. I next install the program on my laptop using the 2nd key. Check my account found BD internet security (trial) expire while Antivirus has 600+ days left, not sure what's going on but I bought the CD from a reputable shop. Everything went smoothly and was able to update.

Recently I upgrade my PC hardware, reformat my harddisk and re-install BD internet security, encounter unable to update problem, Windows keep alerting me antivirus not up to date. Uninstall and reinstall for the next 2 days did not solve problem. send mail to Bitdefender about my disappointment but no reply or help from them. A week later I try to re-install and this time the program is able to update.

There is still one problem which I'm still unable to rectify, my Bitdefender indicates "No critical issues affect the security of your system, 2 issues require your attention". Check the BD four status button is green and individually check and found no issue. Can anyone advise me how to go about to locate the 2 issues which BD is indicating.

Hi Ronald, I have had a very similar experience, the difference is I bought a two year two PC Version10. I had lots of issues, same sort of thing, warnings I was not up-to-date etc., and also issues with emails being dumped even though the addressees are on my "white list' I asked BD for advice, they told me to up grade to BD2008 (same version as you have). That didn't solve the email problems but everything seemed to go OK. THEN!!! During the up date BitDefender some how switched the Fire Wall to "Gaming Mode" and let in 26 Trojans and over 100 other nasty viruses.

I pleaded with BD for advice, but they only replied with standard form messages which didn't help. After a week they sent me an Üninstall" link and tod me to reinstall - well that didn't get rid of the Trojans or Viruses. I was on my own, BitDefender don't seem to have any concept of Customer Service.

In the end I took my computer to a reputable service centre and paid $180 to have it cleaned up. They installed AVG and I have given up on the "[edited] of Bucharest" - a very expensive and disappointing experience. I suggest you may end up kissing your investment good-bye.

Good luck, Barry Marx, New Zealand

Reason for edit: that minority accounts for maximum 10% of the population in Romania, so it is not appropriate to generalize.

Andrei

• Do you use proxy ?!

I don't think I use proxy....

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Ask your ISP if you have proxy !

• Ask your ISP if you have proxy !

OK, I will check it up. By the way, what has this got to do with proxy may I asked ? Shouldn't Bitdefender automate the task of correcting the problem. I have tried, Panda, Norton, Mcafee, Window One and AVG internet security without any problem.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmm...

Please post here a screenshot with the error when you do a manual update !