Windows 10 Pro Ipv6 Bdfirewall Restricts Upload To <1mbps

WarL0k
edited September 2015 in Firewall

Comcast 20Mbps up and 5Mbps down is my tier with Comcast.

I have IPV6 enabled. In speed test with BDFirewall enabled I have restriction to less than 1Mbps upload, download is not effected. I have tried all options for the Network Adapter and the restrictions persist. If I turn the Firewall off in BD and turn on Windows Firewall, I always get slightly better than 5Mbps upload. Any suggestions or fixes on this?

My setup:

cpu- i5-4670@3.40GHz

ram-4 GB

Windows 10 Pro

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

Build 19.2.0.151

Comments

• Comcast 20Mbps up and 5Mbps down is my tier with Comcast.

I have IPV6 enabled. In speed test with BDFirewall enabled I have restriction to less than 1Mbps upload, download is not effected. I have tried all options for the Network Adapter and the restrictions persist. If I turn the Firewall off in BD and turn on Windows Firewall, I always get slightly better than 5Mbps upload. Any suggestions or fixes on this?

My setup:

cpu- i5-4670@3.40GHz

ram-4 GB

Windows 10 Pro

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

Build 19.2.0.151

additional info:

Seems like BD Firewall is dropping ICMP packets on Incoming to desktop. Any ideal how to get firewall to let this protocol through. I have learned that ICMP is necessary when using IPV6 address. I really like the BIS 2015. If this isn't fixed this may be my last subscription renewal for me. To much money for renewing and only able to use half of the features.

:rolleyes:

• WarL0k
    edited October 2015

Well received update last night. I turned Windows Firewall off, and Bitdefender on, ran IPV6 test and it works. Bitdefender firewall is allowing protocols through. Will investigate and see if this is done correctly.

Way to go Bitdefender for the fix.

Disregard this post it isn't fixed. Went right back to filtering ICMP protocols. Back to windows firewall for now'

• WarL0k
    edited November 2015

Never mind. BIS 2015 passed IPV6 test, but failed the speed test. Still restricting IPV6 uploads to below 1 GB. So is still useless. Back to Windows 10 firewall. Come on guys help me.