Problems With Firewall

hi all. recently purchased bd internet security as i thought they would have a beefy firewall and i'm used to having total control over what goes in or out (unwanted updaters, nosey ms etc.) it seems with bd it's all or nothing! i set some rules in paranoid mode to allow a few programs, but bd ignores the rules and the popups continue. if i'm in autopilot, will it work with the rules i set to deny access or will it just ignore them as well. call me disappointed. i only paid $20 to install on two computers so i'm not out much if i go back to the free version and use a firewall that lists what's going on and gives me the control i want. any suggestions, work-arounds, thoughts? thanks.

Comments

• I have same Issue

Custom firewall rules get ignored with paranoid mode on OR off, I set a program not to connect to internet with protocol: Any + Direction: Both, but still a dialog box comes up asking what to do when in paranoid mode.

With paranoid mode off, the firewall just allows the program to connect even though I set the same settings; Deny Access, Protocol: Any, Direction: Both.

Please fix this, this is really annoying, the firewall from 2011 was never this annoying!

Ive been a customer for a long time, and I would prefer not to leave Bitdefender.

• BIS 2015 Firewall can't even block any program if I put "Deny" for it...I think it's a bugs anyway and I wrote today in Support about it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.