Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Question About "generic"

Options

Hi guys. If I put generic settings to "on" it would mean that when IP address will be changed, Bitdefender won't change the type of network? Or it will be changed? Does this mean that this option is only responsible for a change of the type of network when my IP changes?

Comments

• SolidStateBox
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi guys. If I put generic settings to "on" it would mean that when IP address will be changed, Bitdefender won't change the type of network? Or it will be changed? Does this mean that this option is only responsible for a change of the type of network when my IP changes?

@Vitalik1993

From what I understand, the "Generic" ON setting will apply your current network adapter\network type (Trusted, Home\Office, Public and Untrusted) to all newly encountered networks\adapters.

If you select Generic - ON for Public network type, then BIS\BTS will apply the same network global rules to any newly detected adapter\network. For example, if you take your laptop from your home and connect to a network to at a hotspot, then it will apply Public network type for hot spot adapter.

Generic - ON applies current network type to all newly encountered networks; it enforces current network type "generically."

Generic - OFF user will have to set new type for newly encountered networks.

If you are going to use Generic - ON then set network type to Public for best security.

NOTE: Untrusted = blocked network.

If you want to assign different global type for each network, then use Generic - OFF.

Network type determines which generic (global) firewall rules BIS will enforce.

• @Vitalik1993

From what I understand, the "Generic" ON setting will apply your current network adapter\network type (Trusted, Home\Office, Public and Untrusted) to all newly encountered networks\adapters.

If you select Generic - ON for Public network type, then BIS\BTS will apply the same network global rules to any newly detected adapter\network. For example, if you take your laptop from your home and connect to a network to at a hotspot, then it will apply Public network type for hot spot adapter.

Generic - ON applies current network type to all newly encountered networks; it enforces current network type "generically."

Generic - OFF user will have to set new type for newly encountered networks.

If you are going to use Generic - ON then set network type to Public for best security.

NOTE: Untrusted = blocked network.

If you want to assign different global type for each network, then use Generic - OFF.

Network type determines which generic (global) firewall rules BIS will enforce.

Thanks for a good answer!