Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti Virus Shield "on-access Scanning" And Ransomware "protection At Boot" Won't Turn On

Options

I just bought and installed Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and installed it. Under "anti-virus", "shield", the "on-access scanning" won't turn on. The check mark shows up for a second, then disappears.

Also, under Ransomware protection, the check mark for the "protection at boot" won't turn on at all.

I have Windows 8.1 operating system. I've Googled to try to find the answers but found nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Simini,

To state the obvious, you have to have the Ransomware module turned on to be able to turn on the boot protection. However, the on access scanning should be on. You are trying this as an Administrator?

I suggest you run a repair of Bitdefender, from the Apps menu go to Bitdefender 2016 and choose Repair, allow it to complete and reboot your system.

Ro.

• Hello Simini,

To state the obvious, you have to have the Ransomware module turned on to be able to turn on the boot protection. However, the on access scanning should be on. You are trying this as an Administrator?

I suggest you run a repair of Bitdefender, from the Apps menu go to Bitdefender 2016 and choose Repair, allow it to complete and reboot your system.

Ro.

Thank you for your reply. I have the Ransomware module turned on. I will try the repair and reboot. I don't know what it means to be trying this an an

Administrator. Would you mind explaining that to me?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

If it is only you using the computer you should be set as the Administrator, however you could just be set as a User account which will prohibit you from making changes to many programs - such as Bitdefender.

What is an Administrator?

Check if you are an Administrator by opening your Windows Control Panel, and click "User Accounts" and then "Manage Another Account".