Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vista Windows Update does not work in BitDefender Antivirus v10

Options

After unsuccessfully going through the fixes Microsoft suggested to solve the problem, I uninstalled BitDefender Antivirus v10 and Windows Update worked. I contacted BitDefender Support:

> In Vista, I had to uninstall BitDefender Antivirus v10 to get Windows

> Update to work. Is there a fix?

and received this enigmatic response:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your interest in our BitDefender security solution.

Please tell us, are you using Windows Vista ?

Best regards,

XXXX

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

That was three days ago. BitDefender Antivirus v 10 is not "Vista Ready" until it is compatible with Windows Update.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Try to disable the real time protection before updating Vista, it might help.

• Try to disable the real time protection before updating Vista, it might help.

Thank you, Mihai. That worked! You've saved me hours of aggravation. Now, why couldn't BitDefender Support give me the answer . . . :huh:

• wezman
    Options

i have all sorts of problems with BD in vista, update doesnt work and i get multiple windows alerts throughout the day that a BD service has crashed.

I try to contact BD support regarding these issues and they play dumb about it and dont offer any support yet I know I am not the only one.

If i didnt have a 2 year, 2 pc bd license with over a year to go I would have jumped to Kaspersky as I trield their new version and it works great in vista.

• Niels
    Options
    i have all sorts of problems with BD in vista, update doesnt work and i get multiple windows alerts throughout the day that a BD service has crashed.

I try to contact BD support regarding these issues and they play dumb about it and dont offer any support yet I know I am not the only one.

If i didnt have a 2 year, 2 pc bd license with over a year to go I would have jumped to Kaspersky as I trield their new version and it works great in vista.

Hi wezman

Try this rightclick on computer,properties,advanced system settings,settings,data execution protection,Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select. Press on the add button,now browse to X:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe (Change x by the letter where you installed vista on) I only posted the path when you don't have changed the path during installation) press on open and after that on ok. You can try this for anyother service.

Regards

Niels

• chas
    Options

Which version of Vista do you have? I have a problem with Business. Tried suggestions of disabling real-time monitor for Windows Updates & Niels' DEP exception.