Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Turns On And Off

Options

I have Win 7 and just purchased IS 2016. Often (not all the time) the Bitdefender firewall will not turn on. The windows firewall is off. I click on the firewall module box and it blinks blue then dulls out. When this happens I turn on the windows firewall so I have some coverage. Sometimes after I have turned on the windows firewall the Bitdefender firewall will turn on by itself and both firewalls will then be active.

The other thing that happens occasionally is when the Bitdefender firewall is suppose to be active the windows 7 flag (bottom right of screen) that says there is a problem and the Bitdefender firewall has somehow turned itself off.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Bitdefender firewall buggy? Looking for solutions

Thanks

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    I have Win 7 and just purchased IS 2016. Often (not all the time) the Bitdefender firewall will not turn on. The windows firewall is off. I click on the firewall module box and it blinks blue then dulls out. When this happens I turn on the windows firewall so I have some coverage. Sometimes after I have turned on the windows firewall the Bitdefender firewall will turn on by itself and both firewalls will then be active.

The other thing that happens occasionally is when the Bitdefender firewall is suppose to be active the windows 7 flag (bottom right of screen) that says there is a problem and the Bitdefender firewall has somehow turned itself off.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Bitdefender firewall buggy? Looking for solutions

Thanks

W7 is buggy. In all seriousness I strongly suggest upgrading to W10. I was running W7 onf a six year old Dell PC with an Athlon II CPU. Windows 8.X would not run on that Dell but Windows 10 runs a lot better on that Dell than W7 did. Really.

• leacutting@westnet.com.au
    Options

I had the same problem also initially.

It's not Win 7, it's Bitdefender.

Use the Bitdefender removal tool to completely remove Bitdefender, reboot, perhaps then use the online installer to reinstall Bitdefender.

Bitdefender has really gone down hill since the release of the new version. Everything was finally working properly before they released 2016, now 2015 and 2016 are suffering the same problems 2015 went through after it's initial release.

I went back to Bitdefender 2015, it works slightly better and it does not forget settings or turn stuff off. It will however interfere with your hosts file if you have your own custom entries in it.

• vpnavy
    edited November 2015
    Options

Had the same exact problem - ran REPAIR (on BitDefender) from the Windows7 Control Panel - fixed the problem.