Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Management Server Slave & Master?

Options

I am new to BitDefender. I have two sites, and I would like to manage both using management server. Is it possible to do a Master/slave combination on one machine? I have two sites, and I would like site 2 to be a slave. At site 1, I don't want separate servers. I would like to be able to manage the slave at site 2 from the management server at site 1 that also handles all the updates for clients at site 1.

Is this possible?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

What version of BitDefender do you have?

• NO!

I just went through this last week migrating to bit defender. You cannot run consecutive instances of the bit defender server on a single OS. The bit defender master server is unable to manage client computers, only a slave server is able to manage clients, which in turn report back to the master server. You could use something like VMware server to run a virtual machine and host two OS installs on a single physical machine (still need to pay for licensing for two operating systems) or provision additional hardware.

hope this helps.

Bergo

• What version of BitDefender do you have?

Sorry for the delay - I thought I was subscribed to this post. I just purchased an annual subcription to BitDefender Client Security.

• NO!

I just went through this last week migrating to bit defender. You cannot run consecutive instances of the bit defender server on a single OS. The bit defender master server is unable to manage client computers, only a slave server is able to manage clients, which in turn report back to the master server. You could use something like VMware server to run a virtual machine and host two OS installs on a single physical machine (still need to pay for licensing for two operating systems) or provision additional hardware.

hope this helps.

Bergo

Thanks for the info.