Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Occasional Warning Message - False Alarm?

Options

I'm using BIS v10 (Build 247) on Windows XP Home SP2. Very occasionally when starting my PC from cold start first thing each day, the Windows Desktop appears then I see a small alert box "BitDefender Firewall has failed to start. Please restart your PC". However, no more than a couple of seconds later the alert disappears, BitDefender Firewall has in fact started same as always, and checking the BitDefender management console shows that there are no problems with any of the components.

As I said, it happens only very occasionally and may be several weeks before it happens again. Of course I've now grown accustomed to ignoring it -- the firewall always loads a few seconds later, without fail. But curious as to what causes it. Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• pip22
    edited May 2007
    Options

Update -- just seen this similar thread, but that was from someone using Vista: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=137

Seems i'm not an isolated case and it can affect both XP and Vista. Only thing is, I have my SP2 Security Centre monitoring disabled for both firewall and antivirus, so what's producing the message that my BitDefender Firewall hasn't started? I do agree though that it seems like Windows isn't giving sufficient time for BitDefender to load all it's modules at startup, although it doesn't take any longer than ZoneAlarm Security Suite which I used to have and never got the same issue with that -- just puzzled why I'm getting this misleading warning when I've disabled the SP2 Security Centre monitoring?

• Niels
    Options

Hi pip22

I think the option pop-up's that you will find when you open BD go to general,settings displays the message that the firewall has failed to start. You can also take a look at the icon near the system clock that will change its colour when some parts aren't active.

Regards

Niels

• it might be a problem with the Startup HKLM/Run processes.There should be 3 BD processes(the first 3).

If there aren't all of them it means u deleted them or u made a mistake during installation.Try to reinstall BD and be carefull what do you choose during it.