Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help!!! BitDefender Disabled??

Options

This evening I restarted my computer (XP), and when BitDefender v10 loaded, I got a popup message that read,

"Failed to start AntiVirus. Please launch the program again. If the problem persists, please contact your local BitDefender representative or mail support@bitdefender.com."

I tried reloading, I rebooted my computer, I even did a system restore to yesterday when everything worked fine. Nothing helped.

Now when I look, I see I've got the very same message for Antivirus.

Help!!!

Comments

• By the way, I found the article that said that this message is rare, and what I need to do is to click "update now" to ensure I have the patch released on May 8. I did that. It didn't help.

• Oh, problem solved. When I restarted the computer after updating BitDefender, the problem seemed to be fixed. I've restarted so many times tonight, I can't believe I didn't think to do it then.

• Niels
    Options

Hi acornstwo

You can also manually restart the BitDefender related services instead of rebooting your pc:

go to start,run,at the run dialog box type services.msc press enter. Now left click on each service that has BitDefender in the name and choose for start or restart. Sometimes after an update you can receive such message but normally you must see a message that it's necessary to reboot your pc.

Regards

Niels

• Thank you, Niels.

• Niels
    Options

Glad that I could help you.

Regards

Niels