Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Applications

Options

Bitdefender Firewall is not detecting game processes preventing them from working and also forgets settings. The Firewall also allows applications without request although Paranoid Mode is set. There are a number of other settings that do not retain their settings. A number of programs are also having their connections dropped or blocked without notice. This has nothing to do with the network connection, only certain applications running via the firewall as I have monitored the situation using a variety of network and process tools. It seems I have no choice but to downgrade to 2015 version until the current problem is fixed and I consider other options.

Bitdefender 2015 was a good program and I deeply regret installing this latest 2016 version while it is still in a Beta state. It gives me small confidence that it will indeed prevent intrusion by unwanted guests if it allows program components without my consent. The Firewall needs a major overhaul and much better component control. I would like to block all Windows components without my approval as security certificates can be abused and attached to illegitimate files with a little know-how and it's not hard to fake a legitimate looking application component. Unfortunately I may have to start looking for a replacement product as I can not in good faith recommend your latest product to my customers. I will be seeking a full refund, to my deep regret I might add, if this problem is not resolved promptly.

Thank you for providing a good product over the previous years.

Comments

• The main program affected is GTA V, stopped working immediately after it was updated, however it works for all my friends who are not using Bitdefender 2016 (one is using Bitdefender 2015 and I'l be telling him not to upgrade).

Bitdefender Firewall is not detecting game processes preventing them from working and also forgets settings. The Firewall also allows applications without request although Paranoid Mode is set. There are a number of other settings that do not retain their settings. A number of programs are also having their connections dropped or blocked without notice. This has nothing to do with the network connection, only certain applications running via the firewall as I have monitored the situation using a variety of network and process tools. It seems I have no choice but to downgrade to 2015 version until the current problem is fixed and I consider other options.

Bitdefender 2015 was a good program and I deeply regret installing this latest 2016 version while it is still in a Beta state. It gives me small confidence that it will indeed prevent intrusion by unwanted guests if it allows program components without my consent. The Firewall needs a major overhaul and much better component control. I would like to block all Windows components without my approval as security certificates can be abused and attached to illegitimate files with a little know-how and it's not hard to fake a legitimate looking application component. Unfortunately I may have to start looking for a replacement product as I can not in good faith recommend your latest product to my customers. I will be seeking a full refund, to my deep regret I might add, if this problem is not resolved promptly.

Thank you for providing a good product over the previous years.