Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Can I Recover Files From Flashdisk

Options

Hi All

I pick up a virus and as a result, my flasdisk has ben effected. Are they ways to recover the data. I dowloaded the Data Doctor Recovery demo, which seems to work, but I will need to buy the full version. Any assistance?

regards

Matt.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Matt200,

One very important warning. Do not transfer any new files on your flash disk because otherwise your files might be lost. Also do not defrag or let a cleaner software run on your flashdisk.

Here are some very good freeware:

pcinspector

Restoration

Kind regards,

Niels

• Matt200
    edited July 2008
    Options

Me Again

Forgot to mention this (sorry). It says the the drive is not formatted when i try to access it directly! they may be a bad sector, although it was working fine before.

I dont know much so please assist.

regards

Matt

• Niels
    Options

Hello Matt200,

Attach your flashdisk and let one of the freeware tools search on your flashdisk. See if they can access it.

Ignore the format warning.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Matt200
    Options

Hi Niels

It says that the drive is not accessable.

Matt

• Matt200
    Options

Hi Niels

With pcinspector it sas the following :

error no. 23

drv:129 LBA:281 BLOCKS:1

regards

Matt

• Matt200
    Options

Hi Niels

Something seemed to work. I can see the files i need to recover. What Next?

i have been working any typing. I think something is being save. YAY!!

Will let you know.

thanks so long!

• Niels
    Options

Hello Matt200,

It could be that there is still an infection active. Please download flash disinfector from here. Double click on it to run it. Attach your flash drive again and re-run flash disinfector.

Please try this once you have installed restoration do the following. Copy the 3 files that normally are saved when you go to start,my computer,Restoration. The readme you don't need to copy. Now explore your flash disk and paste the 3 files (dll16.dll,dll32.dll and Restoration) Now double click on Restoration by the Drives section you will now be able to select your external disk. Select include used clusters by other files and press on search deleted files. The only limit is that you can't restore files on your flash disk. You need to left click on the files and press on restore by copying. Now save it on a location on your hard disk.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Matt200
    Options

Hi Niels

The flash disinfector didnt work.

When I use the PC Inspector and I Change the cluster setting I have recovered a few files. I will play around with it a bit. But I persistantly have to hit abort for it to advance. Is there an easier way?

If Not, it doesnt matter. It seems I will get some of my plans off the disk. Save myself months of work.

Regards

Matt

• Matt200
    Options

NIELS

You are a true genius! Thank you for all your assistance!

You have saved my bacon.

I can get my files back. And I have opened the main ones and re-saved them. Brilliant!!

All I now need is to fix the Virus on my PC. I see you are assisting me with that thread also. I feel so confident now!

Regards

Matt

• Niels
    Options

Hello Matt200,

I am not that familiar with pcinspector. But it seems that you were able to restore the files by using pcinspector.

The not accessible error with Restoration can be solved by following my previous instructions. That is mostly the case by external usb devices (memory sticks,usb drives). But it could also caused by external usb device infection that is why I wanted to let you run flashdisinfector.Good to hear that it worked. You are welcome.

This is also another good freeware recovery tool.

Kind regards,

Niels