Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Firewall And Windows Homegroup.

Options

I cannot write here what I really think of BD's Firewall.

This PC is running W10 64 with BD 2015 TS, I then upgraded to BD 2016 TS then went away for a week or so. A few days after my return my HomeGroup failed to connect to one another. To cut a long story short I spent days and days trying to find out why, everything in my HomeGroup/Network and Settings seemed to be fine. Even went on the TenForum and asked there with many suggestions but nothing worked.

As a last bid in my utter frustration I dug out my old 2004 XP rig and coaxed it into life. That could see this PC and the Laptop in 'My Network Places'. So, I thought why can XP see a Laptop on W8.1 and a PC on W10 when they cannot see each other? The XP rig had an out of date firewall, maybe that was the problem.

Disabled the BD firewall on both PC and Laptop and then joined my HomeGroup with the laptop. Straight in no problems. Now using Windows Firewall!

I fail to understand why BD has set up its firewall to kill off Windows HomeGroup with no apparent explanation or 'Tick here if using HomeGroup' box.

Too much File Vault, Wallet, and other 'Security' features that I will never use, If a 15 year old in Ireland can hack into Talk Talk's customer DataBase and obtain ? Million customer account details what price BD's Security Features?

I for one will not be renewing once the subscription runs out, in fact, come to think about it, I may change AV supplier long before that.

Comments

• I cannot write here what I really think of BD's Firewall.

This PC is running W10 64 with BD 2015 TS, I then upgraded to BD 2016 TS then went away for a week or so. A few days after my return my HomeGroup failed to connect to one another. To cut a long story short I spent days and days trying to find out why, everything in my HomeGroup/Network and Settings seemed to be fine. Even went on the TenForum and asked there with many suggestions but nothing worked.

As a last bid in my utter frustration I dug out my old 2004 XP rig and coaxed it into life. That could see this PC and the Laptop in 'My Network Places'. So, I thought why can XP see a Laptop on W8.1 and a PC on W10 when they cannot see each other? The XP rig had an out of date firewall, maybe that was the problem.

Disabled the BD firewall on both PC and Laptop and then joined my HomeGroup with the laptop. Straight in no problems. Now using Windows Firewall!

I fail to understand why BD has set up its firewall to kill off Windows HomeGroup with no apparent explanation or 'Tick here if using HomeGroup' box.

Too much File Vault, Wallet, and other 'Security' features that I will never use, If a 15 year old in Ireland can hack into Talk Talk's customer DataBase and obtain ? Million customer account details what price BD's Security Features?

I for one will not be renewing once the subscription runs out, in fact, come to think about it, I may change AV supplier long before that.

I also have the same problem, I can`t connect to internet when BD`Firewall is activate.