Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Protected Files

Options

As far as I know I had no malware on my computer. But I tried the trial version of Bitdender Plus 2016. I ran a quick scan and it was fine. They I did the system scan which said it found hundreds of password protected files. I have since run other online antivirus programs on my computer, but nothing was found. Why did I get password protected files, and so many of them?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

From Bitdefender information -

Most commonly, the password-protected items are:

• Files that belong to another security solution.
    • Files that belong to the operating system.
    In order to actually scan the contents, these files would need to either be extracted or otherwise decrypted.

Should those contents be extracted, Bitdefender's real-time scanner would automatically scan them to keep your computer protected. If you want to scan those files with Bitdefender, you have to contact the product manufacturer in order to provide you with more details on those files.

Our recommendation to you is to ignore those files because they are not a threat for your system.

Ro.

• Hiya,

From Bitdefender information -

Ro.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.