Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Not Answering

Options

Sunday 11/1 bitdefender intervened when I started my Family Tree Maker genealogical database manager, and prevented it from running. Permanently. I filed a problem report and got a reply wanting more data and a log. I ran their logging program and sent them the data they wanted. Now it is Wednesday and they still have not responded. I have 2 ticket numbers, 2015110122190001 and 2015110223230001. They seem to be automatically generated and are apparently useless. I have spent years entering genealogical data. I know it would be a lot of time and money to sue, but I do not see what other choice I have. Does anyone know a way to get a useful response from BD ?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Posting the ticket numbers on the forum as you have usually elicits a response when a Bitdefender looks through here.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Sunday 11/1 bitdefender intervened when I started my Family Tree Maker genealogical database manager, and prevented it from running. Permanently. I filed a problem report and got a reply wanting more data and a log. I ran their logging program and sent them the data they wanted. Now it is Wednesday and they still have not responded. I have 2 ticket numbers, 2015110122190001 and 2015110223230001. They seem to be automatically generated and are apparently useless. I have spent years entering genealogical data. I know it would be a lot of time and money to sue, but I do not see what other choice I have. Does anyone know a way to get a useful response from BD ?

If you are using a Bitdefender 2016 product try turning off the Ransomware module Click on Modules, click on Ransomware Protection and disable.

Ransomware blocks a lot of apps from running depending on what folders they want to access. If turning off Ransomware solves your problem then you might want to read the user manual to learn how to whitelist a folder and or an app with Ransomware turned on.