Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Port Scan Detected And Blocked.

Options

Okay, so I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and I was sitting on my computer working, and a notification from Bitdefender pops up and says Port scan detected and blocked. I open it up for more information and I saw the same message and an IP address.. The message was there twice, the first one was a minute before the second one. As of now, I am running a scan on my computer. But I do not have any viruses on it.

The programs that I have installed are Steam, Bitdefender, Google Chrome, and Counter Strike:Global Offencive (game is from steam)

Please help me, I am very scared.. :(

Need reply ASAP!!

Comments

• Okay, so I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and I was sitting on my computer working, and a notification from Bitdefender pops up and says Port scan detected and blocked. I open it up for more information and I saw the same message and an IP address.. The message was there twice, the first one was a minute before the second one. As of now, I am running a scan on my computer. But I do not have any viruses on it.

The programs that I have installed are Steam, Bitdefender, Google Chrome, and Counter Strike:Global Offencive (game is from steam)

Need reply ASAP!!

**EDIT** I have restarted my modem to change my IP address. Also, I used one of those IP locate websites to locate the IP, and it was coming from the same city and the same state, only different IP.

• **EDIT** I have restarted my modem to change my IP address. Also, I used one of those IP locate websites to locate the IP, and it was coming from the same city and the same state, only different IP.

Also, an organisation is right next to my house. Does that mean something?

• Nesivos
    Options
    Okay, so I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and I was sitting on my computer working, and a notification from Bitdefender pops up and says Port scan detected and blocked. I open it up for more information and I saw the same message and an IP address.. The message was there twice, the first one was a minute before the second one. As of now, I am running a scan on my computer. But I do not have any viruses on it.

Need reply ASAP!!

Troubleshooting Steam Matchmaking Servers for Dummies

Steam will scan your ports See #5 on the link above.

The message you are seeing is Bitdefender telling you that it blocked an outside your system port scan attempt, in this case most likely coming from Steam software.

Internet games are notorious for stuff like this and much worse. Chats sites/software are just as bad. Both internet games and chat sites/software are notorious for hosting a lot of malware and causing users millions of dollars and a lot of grief. The bad folks know milllions if not billlions of people use internet games and chat sites/software so those are two of their high return, monitarily speaking malware projects