Firewall Settings In Bis-2015

edited November 2015 in Firewall

Since BIS 2013 I have only added exclusions to "Excluded files and folders" and "Excluded processes"

- recently I found "Christian's (Root Admin) locked post Exclusions In Bitdefender 2013 it is the only overview I can find for Bitdefender ie, 2013 but not BIS-2015

Now that I am using BIS-2015 (since July 2015) Christians "stickie" for BD-2013 does not represent BIS-2015 "Firewall" settings

~~~

[only for Bitdefender Internet Security/Total Security]

Go back in the main Settings window by clicking the button from the top left corner.

Attached Image

4. Also add a Firewall rule for it > go to the Firewall module > Settings > click on "Application rules": Add Rule

- Browse to the application and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select all the boxes

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

- Permission: Allow

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Reduced 76%

Attached Image

601 x 501 (29.51K)

Reboot your PC.

I am lost at the RED colored steps

- have I missed a 2015 tutorial somewhere ?

My PC is standalone, no network

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit

BIS-2015 (purchased in 2015) 4 months ago

Would appreciate some expert help -- thank you :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.