Fallout 4 Pip Boy App

Fridarey
edited November 2015 in Firewall

Hi folks,

I play Fallout 4, which has a handy iOS app to display in-game info on your tablet/phone. This works on your local network, not by syncing to external game servers or anything, but I can't get the two to talk to each other.

I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015, and within the Firewall part of it I have added a rule to allow Fallout4.exe.

Other than that I can't work out what to do - any suggestions would be great! 99% of the help online is about how to set up Windows Firewall to make it all work.

For anyone who knows the game, I do have the in-game option selected to use the app. If it's relevant, my network adaptor in the Bitdefender Firewall settings is set to Home/Office, and the Rule I added for Fallout4.exe has Home/Office checked. My PC is wired ethernet and my devices running the app are all wifi - there are plenty of examples of people getting things working with the same hardware setup, they don't both have to be on wifi. As a test, I did run my PC on wifi to check, but had the same problem - no connection to the app.

Thanks a million. I'm not going to disable Bitdefender just to get a game working, but I would like to make sure I've tried everything else!

Comments

• Hiya,

I suggest you try searching the Bethsoft forums for topics such as this one. Sorry this answer is a little late but I have just set my S5 App and it worked fine.

Ro.

• Thanks for that, I'll check it out.