Pups Puas And Tracking Cookies

Bitdefender products don't really do much in blocking, catching and removing PUPs, PUAs and Tracking Cookies.

All three have the potential be dangerous. Tracking Cookies are more of a privacy invasion but that too can be dangerous by using Tracking Cookies in coordination with social engineering to lead to targeted phishing, malvertising or worse.

Malwarebytes has an interesting and informative article on their blog from 2013 regarding the potential danger of PUPs/PUAs.

As a result of Bitdefender's lax policy regarding protecting users from PUPs, PUAs and Tracking Cookies i have to use additional software like Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Kaspersky's Anti-Virus Tool to block, catch and quarantine or delete PUPs, PUAs and Tracking Cookies.

I would like to see Bitdefender step up their protection against PUPs and PUAs. Addting protection against Tracking Cookies would be nice but I think adding protetion against the first two is probably a bit more important.

Now I would be the first in line to vote against turning Bitdefender products into bloatware but I don't think improving protection against PUPs and PUAs would do that. As far as Tracking Cookies go I don't know if the One-Step Optimize feature elimiinates them or not but I think if it doesn't it should.

Comments