Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Launch Asp.net 5 Web App In Iis Express

Options

Hello,

I have big trouble with BD2016. Don't really know if the last update is cause of the issue or any update before.

At the moment I'm not able to launch an ASP.NET 5 web application in IIS Express for debugging reasons from Visual Studio 2015.

After IIS is started nothing happens and some minutes later I get an gateway error.

Searching in internet and testing by myself brings up the result that without having BD2016 or BD2015 installed, everything is working fine.

Problem is reproducible because I have uninstalled and installed BD2016 several times. Also cleaning the complete BD installation doesn't solve the issue.

I tried to setup rules for Antivirus and Firewall as mentioned in many articles, but this doesn't help.

Deactivating Antivirus and/or Firewall modules doesn't solve the issue as well. The only way to solve it, is to uninstall BD.

From my point of view this is a serious bug in the product.

Testing was done on two different machines with Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home installed.

I wonder why I can't find more posts here in the BD board.

Do you know if BD is aware of such issues with BD2016?

I'm using BD since 3 years and upgraded to every new version, but BD2016 is a nightmare with regards to compatibility.

Hopefully there is anyone who has an idea or can advise how to handle this situation.

Furthermore running Lotus 8.5 isn't possible as well.

Does anyone have similar issues? From ASP.NET Forum and articles in 'stack overflow' I can see that I'm not alone.

If you need some more information about my environments, please let me know.

Thanks for your input on this,

Thorsten

Comments

• BradRem
    Options

I too have this problem: I can't run an ASP.NET Core web application in IIS Express with Bitdefender installed.

Here's a link on Stack Overflow where other users have come to the same conclusion:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33527012/cannot-launch-asp-net-5-web-app-in-iis-express

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited May 2016
    Options

@BradRem can please tell me what version of Bitdefender do you currently have installed ? And also the build number.

• zbad
    edited May 2016
    Options

Same problem here, if it's been 6 months with no fix I'm going to have to stop using BitDefender. Since it's the new version of Microsoft's web development tool that just went from beta to RC1, you're about to have a flood of programmers complaining about this.

<- My version is Bitdefender total security 2016

• Sorin G.
    Options

@zbad There is more than one build of TS 2016. Please right click on the system tray icon and select About to be able to see the build version.

• 206mph
    Options

I am running into the same problem. My versions are:

Product: 6.2.9.775

Engine: 7.65897 (6807480)

I have tried disabling everything in the policy as I'm a BitDefender admin and still can't get it to work. I need this working ASAP. I tried chat support but was forced to send an email.