Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Folder View Options Affected After Every Bitdefender Action

Options

It looks this issue have been being reported for a couple of years now and haven't been somehow corrected...

What happens is that whenever Bitdefender performs AV action related to quarantine/clean/delete a file, folder view is reset - i.e. you can't see hidden / protected files and - what's worse - you can't change related settings in options. Even though you enable related settings, systems ignores them. The only solution is a restart when system returns to previously set settings.

Is anyone able to advise how to overcome that issue? Can any developer tell when this annoyance is planned to be fixed?

Comments

• The only solution is a restart when system returns to previously set settings.

I need to correct this one - after restart, OS is reset to defaults, i.e. protected and hidden files got hidden again, ignoring previously set visibility option...

• Same issue here: After BitDefenter Antivirus Plus 2016 detected a false positive on my Windows 10 machine, I can't change the hidden/protected files options. A restart does not help. Hidden files keep hidden after changing the option. And the related radio buttons have no pre-selection:

post-197798-0-19779900-1456834028_thumb.png

If I try to change this option in the Windows Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced), I've get the error "Error while writing the value's new content".

Could you please tell me how I can restore the default behaviour of my operating system? I am not really happy about that circumstances, that BitDefender simply changes the default behaviour and core functionalities of Windows.

• Hm, no answer here. Even the support via mail isn't able to answer within one week. Sorry, but this just ######. Especially for a product I paid for... :(