Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Check Cloud Protection

Options

how can I verify that the cloud protection is working? I.e., how can I know that bitdefender is not relying only on downloaded virus definitions, but that the active protection is also connected to the cloud?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Cloud protection is automatically enabled with all Bitdefender home products, it is not something you can turn on or off.

Ro.

• Hiya,

Cloud protection is automatically enabled with all Bitdefender home products, it is not something you can turn on or off.

Ro.

okay, but how do I ascertain that I am properly connected to the cloud service? I am asking because in the past I tried a couple other AV solutions that were not able to connect properly.

• Unknown
    edited January 2016
    Options

Google for the location of and download Nirsoft's CurrPorts or Sysinternals' TCPView. Either is a stand-alone (aka portable) exe; no install needed. Run and watch for activity by the process vsserve.exe during Internet activity. You'll see connections to BD's Nimbus servers or leased cloud servers, like amazonaws. The connections open and close rapidly, depending on needs.

• Google for the location of and download Nirsoft's CurrPorts or Sysinternals' TCPView. Either is a stand-alone (aka portable) exe; no install needed. Run and watch for activity by the process vsserve.exe during Internet activity. You'll see connections to BD's Nimbus servers or leased cloud servers, like amazonaws. The connections open and close rapidly, depending on needs.

isn't there something like cloudcar.exe?

• isn't there something like cloudcar.exe?

The AV tests at amtso.org for Cloud Lookups uses CloudCar, but note that in the list of vendors which support this feature, Bitdefender is not listed. In my testing using BDIS 2015 it did not block or flag the file.