Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Cd Shuts Down Scan Without Fixing Anything.

Options
GonzoWerke
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but the search function did not like my search terms, which I used as the topic for this post. Apparently, it doesn't like the word CD, because it is less than 3 letters.(SMH)

Made a rescue CD, works GREAT on my desktop, except for stupidly blanking the screen and not giving you an option to shut that off so you can see when it's done.

On my Wife's laptop? Not so much. Finally got it to load updates by hardwiring it to my router, as it shuts off WI-FI and won't let you turn it back on. Got it going just fine, ran for about 20 minutes, and at the time I walked away, had found 18 problems. Come back an hour later, hit the mouse to unblank the screen, and I'm looking at the bitdefender desktop, not any kind of result screen. Open bitdefender, look at the log, and it says nothing about fixing anything. On my desktop, running Winblows 7, I can come back 12 hours later, unblank the screen, and the scan window is up, telling me my problems and giving me the repair options. Not on the Wife's laptop, which is also is also Winblows 7.

So here I sit, babysitting this thing, hitting the mouse occasionally, hoping to catch something, when I could be elsewhere in the house, getting sh*t done.

The last entry on the log is that it had an error reading an AMD file. I have an error or two on my desktop scan, and it doesn't exit the scan when it happens, so why would the laptop do it, if indeed that is why it is exiting.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Gonzo

Comments

• I don't really understand what these Forums are for if no one responds to any posts!