Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web Protection Keeps Aleterting Me

Options

In events bitdefender keeps warning me of z.moatads or geo.moatads is blocked and pc now safe. Like 100 times and doest stop. My pc is not infected I did 2 big scans. kind of strange. windows 10 and I'm on Microsoft edge. even if I close the internet browser it continues to warn me

Comments

• Mark957
    Options
    In events bitdefender keeps warning me of z.moatads or geo.moatads is blocked and pc now safe. Like 100 times and doest stop. My pc is not infected I did 2 big scans. kind of strange. windows 10 and I'm on Microsoft edge. even if I close the internet browser it continues to warn me

Seeing the same thing with Internet Security 2015 on Windows 7 Pro, especially at finance.yahoo.com. Started a couple of days ago.

• thank you Mark for your comment. So Giorgia any opinion on that?

• Mark957
    Options
    thank you Mark for your comment. So Giorgia any opinion on that?

Roberto, it looks like a configuration change has been made; I am no longer seeing the 'Web Protection' errors on *moatads*. Hopefully your symptoms have cleared up as well?

• Roberto, it looks like a configuration change has been made; I am no longer seeing the 'Web Protection' errors on *moatads*. Hopefully your symptoms have cleared up as well?

same here. no longer see them. kind of strange. how does a configuration change has been made there has been no reboot of the bitdefender after updates.

• Mark957
    Options
    same here. no longer see them. kind of strange. how does a configuration change has been made there has been no reboot of the bitdefender after updates.

Sadly. the *moatads* alerts are back this morning after boot-up; same as before the apparent 'fix' from last night.

• Mark957
    Options
    Sadly. the *moatads* alerts are back this morning after boot-up; same as before the apparent 'fix' from last night.

The *moatads* alerts are now gone, hopefully for good:-)

• Moatads is directly related to utorrent or another torrent software like bittorrent. utorrentis.exe was exploiting moatads and infact from bitdefender I received this alert : utorrentie.exe accessed a web resource js.moatads.... BITDEFENDER has successfully blocked bla bla bla....

My question to a BITDEFENDER MEMBER what the ###### Is going on here. I underdstand that its just an event or alert and bitdefender blocked it. Is this issue only related to torrent users?

I was receiving ###### of a lot of moatads z.moat etc blocked by bitdefender. is this related to torrent? I'm lost because I'm not sure if I was on torrent when I first got those alerts that moatads was a blocked process by my antivirus

• Mark957
    Options
    Moatads is directly related to utorrent or another torrent software like bittorrent. utorrentis.exe was exploiting moatads and infact from bitdefender I received this alert : utorrentie.exe accessed a web resource js.moatads.... BITDEFENDER has successfully blocked bla bla bla....

My question to a BITDEFENDER MEMBER what the ###### Is going on here. I underdstand that its just an event or alert and bitdefender blocked it. Is this issue only related to torrent users?

I was receiving ###### of a lot of moatads z.moat etc blocked by bitdefender. is this related to torrent? I'm lost because I'm not sure if I was on torrent when I first got those alerts that moatads was a blocked process by my antivirus

And they're back.... Does BitDefender monitor these forums? I guess the real question is whether these alerts are for 'real' malware (or possibly adware?), or are these false positives? I think only a BitDefender representative can provide that information.