Adding Exclusions For Files And Directories - Can I Change Default To Quarantine Instead Of Delete?

tallship
edited February 2016 in Protection

After the initial installation of Bitdefender Internet 2016 on a new PC I ran a manual scan just before going to bed. When I awoke this morning, I discovered that it had scanned one of my cloud drives and deleted a file - but left one file for me to decide whether to delete or ignore.

The file deleted was the Firefox Firesheep plugin for Windows, and the one left was the MAC OS version of that plugin.

I've just excluded that directory, but I'm a bit worried about a bunch of other files/directories that are going to be migrated over from an old hard drive later.

I don't know, exactly, how many things I have (or rather, where exactly they all are) that will be flagged/deleted/quarantined/etc., and want to make sure that a lot of my utilities are NOT deleted (I don't mind warning flags - I just don't want my utilities destroyed).

1.) I could find no way to "undelete" the Windows version of the Firesheep plugin - is there a way I can retrieve that?

If not, since I've excluded the directory as an exception, I should just be able to put it back manually, right?

2.) How can I perform a, "Dry Run" scan, seeing what *would* be whacked, so that I can create exclusions/exceptions before Bitdefender deletes any files.

3.) Can I set Bitdefender to prompt me for a decision *before* taking such an action?

4.) Why did it identify both plugins as malware, but delete only one and leave the other for me to decide? - i.e., it treated them differently.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter :)