Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Excluded Folder And Exe File Are Occassionally Quarantined As A Threat

Options
grayghost2
edited May 2016 in Antivirus

I am using a "Print Screen" alternative "Duck Capture" that I have used for about 3 years.
Both the folder and executable are "registered" in "Excluded Files and Folders" and "Excluded Processes"

But occasionally BIS-2015 stops Duck Capture at critical moments

I have reduced Shield -> Active Virus Control to "Permissive" ... the only setting left is to disable AV Control (¿)

How do I stop this erroneous reaction by Bitdefender ?

Thank you :)

I also have ...
Antivirus -> Shield -> Custom -> Modify -> Miscellaneous
[ ] Scan only new and changed files (DISABLED)

Is anybody home ?

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Greyghost2

Please let us know what "critical moments" means.

Also please provide us with logs from our diagnostic tool to further investigate this occurrence.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to-do-when-encountering-a-technical-issue-%28how-to-generate-a-support-tool-log%29-1168.html

Afterwards you can attach the log as a reply.

• Critical moments = when it is imperative I capture (for example) an alert message from somewhere I cannot identify.... and I need an immediate image of the on-screen-message

ie, an alert.

Accessing the support tool log is too late ... the "alert" must be cleared to do anything else with my PC.

Phone support helped me out with "repair BD" which by the way wipes all settings and worst of all ... ALL EXCLUSIONS are wiped out.

In May 2016 the recommendation was a "repair" and now 5 months later, another "repair" is the suggested solution, and of course all settings (especially "Exclusions") are gone.