Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ransomware Module (Vs) Original Stand Alone Install

Options

I had Bitdefender 2015 and installed the standalone ransomeware application. I then obtained the 2016 internet security product (that supposedly INCLUDED ransomeware protection) I keep getting messages that there is a new version for ransomeware. I attempt to DL and install and it says it can't update because the application is running. Should I UNinstall the separate ransomeware installation (as the protection is now included in the 2016 internet security????) Thanks for any input...

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Brntw00d,

The standalone is a vaccine it prevents known ransomware infections from getting into your computer.

Where as the module in the Internet Security 2016 has the ability to assign protection to specific areas of the machine from any attempt to change those files, thus protecting from future variants of ransomware.

You can keep both of them on your machine for increased protection.

• brntw00d
    Options

Sorin - thanks for the response and clarification.....

BUT.

How then do I do the update that it keeps telling me about (but won't update because it's running) Which product is "running" and how do I TEMPORARILY stop it to allow the up-date? (And then re-enable it)

Thanks...

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Fastest way is to uninstall the vaccine and reinstall the updated version.