Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 - Vsserv.exe Constantly Transmitting 64K/s

Options

Win7 x64 SP1

Verified with task manager and TCPView.

The vsserv.exe is always sending out 64k/s (or more). I understand that some communication is necessary but this means that the executable is uploading over 5 gigabytes a day. I am concerned with the excessive bandwidth usage and how my ISP might feel about 150GB a month.

Is there a bug or is this how I should expect the product to work? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for any insights or comments.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hello Nhmk,

Can you please let us know what Bitdefender build are you running on that machine ?

Indeed Bitdefender communicates with the cloud and has the cloud engines do the work as to reduce the usage on your machine but it does not cause that kind of bandwidth usage.

Also let us know if you have any other security solutions on that machine. Also were you running a scan at the time of monitoring ?

• nhmk
    Options

I attached an image of the about screen with the various version numbers.

I was not running a scan at the times that I observed this. I noticed it multiple different times in the last week. I am not sure how long this issue has been happening.

Extra security solutions:

UBlock Origin in Firefox

SuperAntiSpyware (real-time protection mode is disabled)

Comodo Firewall (firewall only)

Other potentially helpful info:

I have three fairly full hard drives

I use VirtualBox with snapshot restoration often (to avoid web site garbage from persisting on my computer)

I have tried restarting the machine. Within a few seconds after booting up the transfer rate of 64k/s continues.

Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks!

post-201973-0-05360500-1464535787_thumb.jpg