Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Prevents Networking From Windows 10 Preview's New Bash Shell

Options

The Windows 10 preview has a new "Ubuntu bash shell". To get networking to work from that new shell, the Bitdefender firewall has to be turned off. Does anybody know how to configure the Bitdefender firewall so that networking from the bash shell works, without turning off the firewall entirely?

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Joagr,

Windows Insider Preview is not supported, should the situation persist when the feature reaches live it will be addressed accordingly, however its not the first time a feature is being blocked in the insider version but works perfectly fine on live.

• joagr
    Options

Now with build 14372 I find that none of my Windows networking works until I turn off the BitDefender firewall.

• jarome
    Options

Now with build 14372 I find that none of my Windows networking works until I turn off the BitDefender firewall.

I have the same issue on one machine on 14627. I want to open the samba ports, but in BD 2016, there is no longer an "Apply to all programs" radio button.

• Hi Joagr and Jarome,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. As mentioned, Bitdefender is compatible with the Windows 10 official version and not with the Insider Preview version.

• jarome
    Options

How do I open ports for all programs on BD 2016? It requires me to list a program.

• Hi Jarome,

You can add rules for each appication that wants to access the network as below:

-open Bitdefender and click on Modules;

-click on Firewall and select the Rules tab;

-click on Add Rule and from the new window you will be able to browse to the application and add a new rule for it.

• jarome
    Options

That only works for applications. I need to open ports for samba, which is not a findable application. There used to be a button to set the port for all applications.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please note that we do not offer support for Preview versions of Windows. The product is designed to work properly under the live version of Windows.

Bitdefender never had a button to set the port for all applications. You can setup rules for each individual application.

This discussion has been closed.